Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
flashtheleather
Registered Member

Default OPINIONS NEEDED about Motorcycle Parking

I know I am a new member to the site, but I am actually hoping for some member feedback in regards to motorcycle parking, specifically at hotels. I have a 6 question survey and I am hoping members could take a few minutes out of their time to help me. If you could answer the 6 questions and than provide any comments (i.e. past experiences, reasons why you would or would not like it, etc.) below the question responses it would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

1. Do you travel or have you traveled somewhere on your motorcycle that required you to stay overnight somewhere?

2. If a hotel chain offered an individual, hard-sided, enclosed, lockable parking spot for your motorcycle, would you use it? (It would be an individual unit, not a large facility where all motorcycles would be parked.)

3. If a hotel chain offered an individual, hard-sided, enclosed, lockable parking spot for your motorcycle, you would be willing to pay extra for it? If so, what would you consider a fair price?

4. Would you be more willing to book at a hotel that offered such an amenity?

5. Have you ever stayed at a hotel that had motorcycle specific accommodations? If so, what were they and did you like them?

6. Would you travel on your motorcycle more often if there was a hotel chain that offered individually enclosed, lockable parking for your bike?

Please provide any other comments.

Last edited by flashtheleather : 07-01-2010 at 08:08 AM.
flashtheleather is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Flash- I ALWAYS request a bottom floor. That simple. Park the bike next to your bed behind a locked door and there are no worries. BUT if a hotel chain offered secured indoor parking for bikes and it was only an additional few bucks per night for the service it would certainly be considered.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Okay, it's a little slow, so I'll bite...

1. Yes
2. No
3. See #2
4. See #3
5. No
6. I doubt it.

I do prefer hotels that allow me to park the bike where it is well lighted and the night clerk can eyeball it.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I park on the ground floor and roll the beiotch inside the room. Problem solved. That was easy!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Here's what I recommend:

Advise the hotel/motel staff that seriously impaired person or persons riding motorcycles will be arriving.

For hotels, put down rubber mats leading to the rooms and stairways. For motels, ensure the guest rooms are on the first floor, facing the lot.

Advise the staff that we'll be riding through the lobby, whooping and hollerin, and possibly semi-nude (weather permitting), and parking the bikes in the hallway outside the room.

Leave NO towels or washcloths in the rooms; we'll steal them anyway for rags.

Collect the full price for everything in the mini-bar before bedtime, or empty it out.

Advise the other guests that it's perfectly normal in your area to have people vomiting in the parking lot early in the morning. Close the blinds in the Breakfast Bar. Nothing worse than seeing someone hurl when eating hot biscuts 'n gravy.

Y'all come back real soon!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Ground floor, bike outside my window, bags in my room and my disk lock. Never had a problem. But I cant see a small enclosed box being an option. You'd need it to be parking spot sized to get my pig of a bike in and out safely. Then i dont know if I want to stay at a hotel that looks like a parking lot full of shipping containers. Now I wish I had one of the very few bicycle boxes at the BART lots. Would still have my bicycle, but you have to win the lotto to get one of those.

A steel loop that flips up embedded in the pavement would be a better solution to me.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I ride my bike where I want to, park it where convenient dry the seat when It gets wet, pay my insurance when due and enjoy it. If I felt like I had to babysit my bike all the time I couldn't enjoy it, or I'm riding to the wrong places.
My bike club is meeting at a parking garage and taking the shuttle to the city fireworks this weekend, helmets on mirrors & keys in ignition, 99.9% chance nothing will move unless we get a wind storm.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I ride my bike where I want to, park it where convenient dry the seat when It gets wet, pay my insurance when due and enjoy it. If I felt like I had to babysit my bike all the time I couldn't enjoy it, or I'm riding to the wrong places.
My bike club is meeting at a parking garage and taking the shuttle to the city fireworks this weekend, helmets on mirrors & keys in ignition, 99.9% chance nothing will move unless we get a wind storm.

Ditto, good insurance and reasonable precautions are all you need

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote