Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
HereticsRus
Registered Member

Default 14 vs Busa...What don't I know?

Hello to all, first post ever.
I will be heading over to the new riders section momentarily. But first a question that I have been dying to ask.
It seems that neither of these bikes is a clear cut above the other and yet I see many more busa's on the road than giant ninjas. They seem to be very close competitors, so is it just that the Busa has had more time to cultivate a fan base? can it really be that simple? or is there some deeper darker secret?

Even the MO article (comparing the '08s) rounded up with a choice over 300 bucks and a smidgen of a win in the ergos.

If you're wondering about my sightings info. I live in Hawaii, on O'ahu to be exact.

(and yes the thought of owning one did enter my tiny little mind, but I did read ALL 55pgs in the noob sticky and it has sense been replaced with dreams of a ninja 500. due to my size, not big bike fixation) Thanks for your thoughts
HereticsRus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Why? If you're new you have NO business having you butt on either. For argument sake the ZX has a higher level of technology but the Busa has more available in aftermarket. If the goal is to simply go fast there is very little difference. Handling will probably go toward the ZX, but only in the hands of a pro would the difference be noticable.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #3
HereticsRus
Registered Member

Meh, it was just curiosity. I hadn't seen them talked about much on the site.

Fear not, I don't wanna be a grease smear. It would be beyond stupid for me to ride one.

Just wanted to know if there was something besides what the articles were saying.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Well, did the short answer do the trick? If I were in the market for a GT bike I would go Busa. Probably 2000-2004 to keep the cost down.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
HereticsRus
Registered Member

Yes it did, thank you. Hopefully I'll stop losing sleep over this now...kinda disappointed it isn't a conspiracy after all, mighta made things interesting
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

The Busa was out for years before the ZX. That's probably most of it. And it gained notoriety as the world's fastest ****in motorbike...so it has that going for it.

The ZX is better looking.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
HereticsRus
Registered Member

I agree, the busa has a nice look, but its much too curvy for me. the Kawi looks way more aggressive.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Ah, braddah! Nice to have you on, specially if your from my home state!

With any sportbike its going to be the rider that makes one better than another when your talking which is faster. They are both rediculously fast, like pull your arms out of your socket fast. One thing besides your honest lack of experience is the amount of realestate these things will eat up. And living on Oahu I can only think of one place to really open it up and thats H3 and even that ends pretty quickly. Start small and learn learn learn maybe in 5yrs you'll be ready for something that big. And who knows maybe once you do ride for a couple of years you'll not even care for a bike that big. Campbell Industrial Park still closed. I used to race there back in 93-96.

Aloha and take it easy!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh Jeez you live in Hawaii? Anything over 400cc is overkill.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
HereticsRus
Registered Member

Hm I thought they had been talking about re-opening campbell, might be mistaken, but anyways...

Yeah I'm hoping I don't still want one later, it would be a shame to own that beast and never be able to unleash it. I'm hoping to get into a rider class in august, and here in Hawaii bikes are selling year round so its just a matter of waiting for a smooth running beater going for pocket change.

You're not livin big island anymore Moke? why not! we coulda croozed sole! woulda been even easier if everyone hadnt $***canned the superferry, or were you gone before that?