Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15556-2010-victory-vegas-8-ball-review.html)

Administrator 06-16-2010 02:12 PM

2010 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review

Original Article:
2010 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Victory Vegas 8-Ball Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Auphliam 06-16-2010 04:53 PM

So you're gonna do a Vic project bike? Well, then. You'll want to know these guys.

Lloydz Motorworkz
CONQUEST CUSTOMS - Custom Victory Motorcycles and Parts

And have fun...you won't freakin believe what these bikes are capable of :)

sarnali2 06-17-2010 09:04 AM

That's a sharp looking bike, fit and finish on those and other Victories is top notch too. If there's a good dealer near you Victory would be an excellent alternative to Harley-Davidson or a Japanese cruiser or touring bike.

Kenneth_Moore 06-21-2010 05:27 AM

100,000 rugged individualists, choosing their own, unique identity in the pages of an accessory catalog.

Nah, it's a nice bike, and I'm sure it will be great fun to put stuff on it. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call the Victory engine "smooth;" the Vision I rode had an engine that churned and vibrated like a...well...like a narrow angle big-inch V-Twin.

Kevin_Duke 06-21-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 244112)
100,000 rugged individualists, choosing their own, unique identity in the pages of an accessory catalog.

Nah, it's a nice bike, and I'm sure it will be great fun to put stuff on it. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call the Victory engine "smooth;" the Vision I rode had an engine that churned and vibrated like a...well...like a narrow angle big-inch V-Twin.

The point of our exercise is to demonstrate an alternative to the default H-D usual course of action. Everyone is already aware of the huge OE and aftermarket support for Harleys.

acecycleins 06-21-2010 12:59 PM

Put a springer front-end and a 16in tire on there and you'll get enough custom for me. The rest of the bike is fine.

Kevin_Duke 06-21-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 244162)
Put a springer front-end and a 16in tire on there and you'll get enough custom for me. The rest of the bike is fine.

We have plans to mod the front end, but not with a springer. Sorry.

pushrod 06-21-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 244167)
We have plans to mod the front end, but not with a springer. Sorry.

Confederate have any extra Wraith front-ends laying around?

Kevin_Duke 06-21-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 244168)
Confederate have any extra Wraith front-ends laying around?

No, but a precocious 12-year-old is building a new design out of Tinkertoys...

kp1600 06-23-2010 04:40 PM

If it were me I would try and get a kingpin or better yet a hammer front fork. This conversion is known as a "king vegas". It would change the conventional fork to a inverted marzzochi cartridge fork and depending on kingpin or hammer source a single or dual front discs on an 18" rim. Also depending on year they could be brembo brakes.

The engine mods would be loyds 104 big bore with 11 to 1 compression, vm-1 cams, torque tube or S&S intake, powercommander, supertrapp or bassani 2 into 1 exhaust and msd coils. Power from top bottom to top.

A corbin gunfighter seat, Hammmer S handlebars, Corbin beatle bags for some utility and Victory's add on tach.