Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #21
notabiker
Registered Member

i own a 2006 vic 8 ball. it has never needed a dealer repair. with a pipe and custom air filter and down load it puts out 96 RWHP. it turned 12.20 at 108 mph at the drags. it pulls strong from idle to the rev limiter [5800rpm] stock it has brembo brakes,braided stainless brake lines,nice custom looking wheels. the 100 inch engine has 4 valves per cyl and overhead cams. the engine is way over built. it is a keeper. i even like the stock seat.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #22
Auphliam
Founding Member

I always thought a heavy gauge Durfee Girder would look good on a Vic. If you're looking for bolt on front end treatments, KewlMetalStore.com has some nice, high quality pieces.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auphliam View Post
I always thought a heavy gauge Durfee Girder would look good on a Vic.
Strange. I went 30 years without having to remember those disasterous girder front ends, and now they've come up twice in the same week.

It's deja vu, all over again.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #24
Auphliam
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1600 View Post
If it were me I would try and get a kingpin or better yet a hammer front fork. This conversion is known as a "king vegas". It would change the conventional fork to a inverted marzzochi cartridge fork and depending on kingpin or hammer source a single or dual front discs on an 18" rim. Also depending on year they could be brembo brakes.

The engine mods would be loyds 104 big bore with 11 to 1 compression, vm-1 cams, torque tube or S&S intake, powercommander, supertrapp or bassani 2 into 1 exhaust and msd coils. Power from top bottom to top.

A corbin gunfighter seat, Hammmer S handlebars, Corbin beatle bags for some utility and Victory's add on tach.
Can't go wrong with the Lloydz engine mods, although I'd prolly get the VFCIII over the PowerCommander.

I'd go with some GPIIs, Stealth bars and carbon fiber mini gauges from Conquest and a Mustang studded solo (I got a thing for conchos)

Leave the bags for the baggers. Get a set of throw-overs if you want to carry a jacket or whatnot.

Last edited by Auphliam : 06-25-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Auphliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Strange. I went 30 years without having to remember those disasterous girder front ends, and now they've come up twice in the same week.

It's deja vu, all over again.
You'd think that the idea of a sprung ball bearing in the steering tree would make people uncomfortable but I guess you can't underestimate the lure of style over sanity.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #26
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You'd think that the idea of a sprung ball bearing in the steering tree would make people uncomfortable but I guess you can't underestimate the lure of style over sanity.
There was a guy named Russell we went to High School with who built the coolest chopper in town. It had a tricked out CB 750 engine and a custom, white laquered frame. It had a really long girder front end with a pizza-cutter 21" wheel. Chicks would **** Russell for a ride on his chop.

Anyway, about 4 months after he started riding it, the girder "folded" on him and threw him on his back on US 1 at 50-60 mph. Bike was totaled, Russell broke his back and was bedridden for a year. Then he had to wear a brace for another year...a big one too, not some little gizmo like a belt.

He sued the girder company and got a judgement, but never collected a dime.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #27
kp1600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auphliam View Post
Can't go wrong with the Lloydz engine mods, although I'd prolly get the VFCIII over the PowerCommander.

I'd go with some GPIIs, Stealth bars and carbon fiber mini gauges from Conquest and a Mustang studded solo (I got a thing for conchos)

Leave the bags for the baggers. Get a set of throw-overs if you want to carry a jacket or whatnot.

Yes, I think your right about Lloydz. I mention the PC V because the ability to add the auto tune attachment and if you really did need to use a dyno you will find people with more experiance with the PC then the VFCIII. What would be ideal is the VFCIII and being able to get kevinx or Lloyd himself to tune it. It wasnt that long ago that we didnt have much to choose from while owning a Vic, but now we have at least 5 tuners to choose from and strokers and different bigbore kits to choose from.

I dont think the Vic's have that retro look to make a springer look right, Maybe a V92 would look ok but not the rest. There are some photos floating around of a vegas with a springer and it just didnt look right, atleast to me. I like the idea of a hammer with more power and with out that fat tire.
kp1600 is offline   Reply With Quote