Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Arai Corsair V Helmet Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15502-2010-arai-corsair-v-helmet-review.html)

Administrator 06-09-2010 01:30 PM

2010 Arai Corsair V Helmet Review
 

Original Article:
2010 Arai Corsair V Helmet Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Arai Corsair V Helmet Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 06-09-2010 01:46 PM

Price is no object
 
You can definately tell the difference from a low end cheapy vs. a high end offering. If you can afford it, it's the way to go. If all else fails amortize the cost for the jusification you seek.I want one.

Dr_Sprocket 06-09-2010 03:33 PM

Nice review! Two questions, though. First, was the line in the article suggesting that the Arai faceshields are not fog proof? Second, it looked pretty bright the day of the photo shoot. Was there enough tinting in the light smoke shield to not have to squint? Would you recommend a light smoke or dark smoke visor for the summer? (Actually, that was three questions but who's keeping count?)

MOKE1K 06-09-2010 03:56 PM

Dr. I run the darkest sheild and even though it's illegal I can see fine at night.

MOKE1K 06-09-2010 04:27 PM

I have Five Arais and Im never wearing anything else, not matter what any saftey report says.

Kevin_Duke 06-09-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 243518)
Nice review! Two questions, though. First, was the line in the article suggesting that the Arai faceshields are not fog proof? Second, it looked pretty bright the day of the photo shoot. Was there enough tinting in the light smoke shield to not have to squint? Would you recommend a light smoke or dark smoke visor for the summer? (Actually, that was three questions but who's keeping count?)

1. Not fog-proof
2. Yeah, it was enough tinting for me.
Bonus question: I prefer lighter tints, as I'll often also wear sunglasses on bright days. Plus, a mildly tinted shield is safer than a dark tint if caught after dark.

Kevin_Duke 06-09-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 243519)
Dr. I run the darkest sheild and even though it's illegal I can see fine at night.

I love ya, Moke, but I can't agree with that. Even a light tinted shield impairs vision somewhat at night, and it's not something I recommend. Wearing a dark tint at night can't be a good idea, as it cuts the amount of light your eyes see, so dark and potentially dangerous obstacles or objects will be harder to identify and react to.

Just cuz it hasn't bit you yet doesn't mean it's a safe practice. Sticking a clear shield inside a jacket or tankbag is the smartest idea.

Dr_Sprocket 06-10-2010 03:21 AM

Cool. Thanks for the info, Duke! Based on that info, I'm getting the light smoke for my Arai Vector. :D

Overload 06-11-2010 04:35 PM

Does the ventilation work at legal speeds? I had an RX7RR that didn't seem to cool as well as my Quantum.

Kevin_Duke 06-13-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overload (Post 243672)
Does the ventilation work at legal speeds? I had an RX7RR that didn't seem to cool as well as my Quantum.

Yes, it does, flowing a bit more than the RX7 Corsair. But flow is always related to airspeed. When I'm riding around town (sub-50-mph), I usually have my faceshield open for max flow and use stout sunglasses (Oakley) for eye protection.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 AM.