Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 VFR1200F with DCT Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15478-2010-vfr1200f-dct-review.html)

Dr_Sprocket 06-09-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 243488)
In short: I dig it. But its MSRP is out of my range.

What?! I thought the Big Cheese made the big cheeze. No?

seruzawa 06-09-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 243510)
I think Mr. Duke nailed it: if they'd called the VFR something else, it would have gone better. People had an expectation.

I'm not a sport bike expert; have they gotten notably heavier? Say a GSXR from 1990 versus today?

Sportbikes stay light. It's these bikes that get heavier and heavier and still call themselves "sport" that annoy me. And why did the new Bonneville have to gain 100 lbs over the old one?

Anyhow I'm going about this all wrong. I've been a bike rider for 46 years. I'm not the one who has to explain and justify why weight gain is a plague. Those who think it's perfectly fine to call a 700 lb bike a sporttourer are the ones who need to justify themselves.

Kevin_Duke 06-09-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 243510)
I think Mr. Duke nailed it: if they'd called the VFR something else, it would have gone better. People had an expectation.

I'm not a sport bike expert; have they gotten notably heavier? Say a GSXR from 1990 versus today?

Modern sportbikes aren't heavier, despite more powerful motors and much beefier chassis. According to Motorcyclist, a 1996 GSX-R1100 weighed 554 lbs wet. An '06 (the latest model online) weighed 444.

Buzglyd 06-09-2010 05:29 PM

Golly. I'm a male around 45 and I think it's pretty nice.

I'll wait a year and find one for half price and they'll throw in a Rune.

Jeff Cobb 06-09-2010 07:57 PM

Not made primarily for Americans

FYI, Europe, in Hondaspeak, was the "lead country" for this bike's development, not the U.S.

We in the U.S are important to Honda, for sure, but we are a secondary market. That's why we got it after everyone else.

It's available in 3 colors in other markets (red, silver, pearl white), and when factored for currency exchange, it costs more in the U.K. than here. And in Canada, for that matter. They charge $1,400 more in Canada (which generally pays more than here), and $700 more in the U.K.

In Feb., they outsold BMW 4-to-1 in the U.K.

Duken4evr 06-09-2010 09:11 PM

20K admission price does make anything I have to say irrelevant as I would never spend that much on a bike.

Now when it is on sale for 9.5K in a nobody wanted it, nobody got it, we are dumping it blowout sale, I might be tempted, Hell, I bought my soon to be a leftover model FZ1 brand new on sale in November for $7,900 cash. :)

King Vitamin 06-10-2010 06:18 PM

As soon as I make that million dollars, I'm buying one. Then all you know-it-alls can just stay out of my way.

sarnali2 06-11-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Vitamin (Post 243608)
As soon as I make that million dollars, I'm buying one. Then all you know-it-alls can just stay out of my way.

Welcome Mr. King Vitamin

I am Mr. Albert Mugbbumbggwewe form the Nigerian Minister of Finances. I regret to inform you of the untimely demise of your long lost uncle B.Vitamin. Please send us your chequing account number and any passwords so we can wire to you via Western Union the $1,837,986,423,000.00 inheritance left to you, his sole air in the estate settlement.

Yours, A. Mugbbumbggwewe, Assistant Financier, Nigerian Minister of Finances, Lagos Nigeria, 98223

The_AirHawk 06-11-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 243643)
Welcome Mr. King Vitamin

I am Mr. Albert Mugbbumbggwewe form the Nigerian Minister of Finances. I regret to inform you of the untimely demise of your long lost uncle B.Vitamin. Please send us your chequing account number and any passwords so we can wire to you via Western Union the $1,837,986,423,000.00 inheritance left to you, his sole air in the estate settlement.

Yours, A. Mugbbumbggwewe, Assistant Financier, Nigerian Minister of Finances, Lagos Nigeria, 98223

That sounds like a heluva guy, that B. Vitamin. Left the entire Estate to a Nephew he barely knew...........

seruzawa 06-11-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Vitamin (Post 243608)

Not a problem. We'll be at the destination waiting for you.