Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedwayRN View Post
So how much is it in U$D
The article says -

What we will say is – focusing only on inherent flaws and not the fixable ones – we think at $3,399, the 250R displays enough promise that one day, established OEMs may need to look over their collective shoulder.

Is that what you're asking?
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
SpeedwayRN
Founding Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb View Post
The article says -

What we will say is – focusing only on inherent flaws and not the fixable ones – we think at $3,399, the 250R displays enough promise that one day, established OEMs may need to look over their collective shoulder.

Is that what you're asking?
Yeah, apparently I'm so interested I can't read...............
SpeedwayRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overload View Post
This review confirms what I've noticed about Chinese built cycles. They seem to be built to a spec, and they try to squeeze every last dime while keeping to spec. If you mention you want plastic panels, but don't spec the kind of plastic you want, you'll get whatever is least expensive. Then, the next year, when you specify changes to fix the shortcomings, a new set appears. They seem to be a 'buyer beware' product: you get it at a good price, but know there will be some problems.
It's that squeezing dime reason Ill never purchase a Chinese built motorcycle. I often think of that old saying" if Harley Davidson built a plane would ya fly in one?"

Once they realize they cannot cut corners and just spend the money to make a product that one, you can get parts for and two, it lasts.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Ok as usual it piqued my intrest so I read the article. Besides the few problems that were mentioned like the kickstand and the stalling. I really love the looks alot.

Would love to do a trackday with something like this.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Perhaps the comparison to Honda's early years will turn out to be a good one. Cars and bikes have gotten very expensive for the average consumer, leaving a gap for China to enter. Competing cars and bikes were pretty much crap back when the Japanese first came to vehicular prominence though. That is not the case today. China can only compete on price.

Honestly though, I am prejudiced against anything that comes out of China. I don't like China's politics, toxic products (kid's toys, drywall foisted on us) their environmental issues or a seemingly devious business approach in general. Seems to be a cultural thing, but in my work which has involved negotiating with Chinese, I have personally found the truth to be an uncomfortably fluid concept to these people. It is hard not to buy cheap Chinese made products, but I try.

Last edited by Duken4evr : 06-05-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Nomadalfa
Registered Member

Here's more insight into quality of Chinese mfd. goods: Quad is British, and the hi-fi equivalent of Rolls Royce. See what steps they take to ensure quality of workmanship of their loudspeakers in Chinahttp://www.avguide.com/review/quad-22l2-series-51-channel-surround-speaker-system-tpv-90?src=Playback
Nomadalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
SPman
Founding Member

Hmm - they have been on sale here in Australia for about 9 months. They look good, but do rather fall down on quality. Rider reports are extremely variable but more on the negative side - abysmal power - even for a 250 single and some bad reliability problems. The riders reporting being satisfied with the bike tend to be new riders with no expectations. A pity, but, hopefully they will learn fast and improve the reliability to Western expectations......