Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda VT1300 Stateline and VT1300 Interstate Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15415-2010-honda-vt1300-stateline-vt1300-interstate-review.html)

Administrator 05-28-2010 12:46 PM

2010 Honda VT1300 Stateline and VT1300 Interstate Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda VT1300 Stateline and VT1300 Interstate Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda VT1300 Stateline and VT1300 Interstate Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 05-28-2010 02:02 PM

I take it that these will have the 750lb curb weight like the current ones?

pushrod 05-28-2010 02:14 PM

Will someone e'splain to me why the gas tanks have that butt-ugly seam along the bottom?

Triumph does the same thing with the Bonnies.

Wassup wid dat?

Buzglyd 05-28-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 242866)
Will someone e'splain to me why the gas tanks have that butt-ugly seam along the bottom?

Triumph does the same thing with the Bonnies.

Wassup wid dat?

It's cheaper to make.

Seamless tank much more labor intensive instead of just slapping two pieces of metal together with a robot.

Buzglyd 05-28-2010 02:45 PM

You mean the 'State's FAKE cooling fins get the blackout treatment.

Kenneth_Moore 05-29-2010 02:11 PM

Nice review, Pete. It must be a challenge to differentiate between the various cruisers, especially within a single model line, but you've done well with that task.

The comment on the $13K price point is very perceptive. I never conciously thought about it before, but the minute I read what you said about it, I realized you (and Honda) are quite right. $13K is indeed the price point that I tend to catagorize bikes on. Huh, wonder why that is?

MOKE1K 05-29-2010 08:28 PM

You've deffinately got to hand it to Honda, they can virtual take the same bike VTX13 change the Rims, Handlebars, and the tank and viola totally new model.

And referrencing the statement about previous model parts will
not swap over to new models. I have always found a certain amount of entertainment value out of people forever asking me " you think thos parts will fit the other bike"?

seruzawa 05-30-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 242897)
You've deffinately got to hand it to Honda, they can virtual take the same bike VTX13 change the Rims, Handlebars, and the tank and viola totally new model.

And referrencing the statement about previous model parts will
not swap over to new models. I have always found a certain amount of entertainment value out of people forever asking me " you think thos parts will fit the other bike"?

Funny, Moke, but when Harley does the same parts bin thing all they seem to get is criticism.

anrajala 06-01-2010 02:51 AM

Swiveling rear fender my ass

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 242916)
Funny, Moke, but when Harley does the same parts bin thing all they seem to get is criticism.

The reason is that this is pretty much all Harley does. Look at the number of different Honda models in different categories.

I am not saying HD should go for example into the infantile plastic rocket market for those wannabe boy racer skum sucking swine. All I am saying they should produce a cruiser with big engine and decent torque. Is this too much to ask?

- cruiz-euro

MOKE1K 06-01-2010 07:10 AM

That was easy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 242916)

Maybe it's becuase of the cost of a Harley, I mean wouldn't the cost of steel be cheaper then aluminum?Aren't plastic covers cheaper to manufacture then steel covers.