Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #51
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
My bike is huge and heavy, probably among the heaviest out there but I love it on the open road. I don't like it on short trips, parking or downtown, heavy traffic, I miss my 800 big time, but to be able to get out there, with my bad back & pull a 10-12 hour day hot, cold, dry or wet, I love my big bike, it's v4 power cargo capacity, and travel range.
With that beast your the authority on heavy bikes, but balanced properly it's as smooth threw a parking lot as it is on the highway. By the way, did I mention how smooth that thing is on the highway!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #52
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
That's Awsome Larry!!!
Yeah I'll bet those SlashNess pipes purr like a kitten eh Lar???
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #53
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Well, no but compairing them to Harleys is unjust so much so I tend to give respect to Harley by way of catagorizing them in a whole other cruiser class. The Vintage class.

Let's put it this way once I die with my boots on, I hope Im not riding a cruiser.

Why you do this to yourself brah?

If you don't like 'em don't ride 'em but vintage?....what you mean like polished alloys with duel compound tubeless radials, air suspension, ABS Brembo's, maintenance free valves and belt drive, 6 speed transmission with cushioned drive hub, closed loop EFI w/Cats, throttle by wire with electronic cruise control, available class leading tunes w/XM radio, vibration free engine mounting, unprecedented dealer and aftermarket support, 2 year unlimited warranty class leading paint and chrome and 40+ mpg with 5 k service intervals.......that the vintage you're talking about?

Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them. I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and the U.S.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #54
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them.
So, IF you had to buy a pig... which one would you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and the U.S.
(standing up and applauding) Sarnali for President!!
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #55
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Why you do this to yourself brah?

If you don't like 'em don't ride 'em but vintage?....what you mean like polished alloys with duel compound tubeless radials, air suspension, ABS Brembo's, maintenance free valves and belt drive, 6 speed transmission with cushioned drive hub, closed loop EFI w/Cats, throttle by wire with electronic cruise control, available class leading tunes w/XM radio, vibration free engine mounting, unprecedented dealer and aftermarket support, 2 year unlimited warranty class leading paint and chrome and 40+ mpg with 5 k service intervals.......that the vintage you're talking about?

Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them. I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and theU.S.

Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to
make the choice between either cruiser.

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-05-2010 at 03:53 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #56
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to
make the choice between either cruiser.

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.

Well different strokes and all, Like I always say if you don't like 'em don't buy 'em. I 'm just saying they're as up to date as any other bike in their class be it Touring or cruiser.

BTW, My 1980 FLH had twin discs and electronic ignition while most J-bikes still ran points and drum rears....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #57
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to
make the choice between either cruiser.

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.
The first Harley fuel injection came out in 95 I think. That was long before most Japanese bikes Mokester.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to
make the choice between either cruiser.

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.
HD put EFI on the big models in the mid-90s. Most Japanese models were still carbed at the time.

Styling is entirely subjective but if you like the Polaris/Ness styling then you are in a tiny minority considering Victory's miniscule sales numbers. I never like Ness styling much even long before Victory bought into it.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #59
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

I guess the Victory attracts me because it's different. But when it comes to looks I like the lines to flow through the bike from the front to the back. Like Iv said to each his own. I just prefer something else that's all.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #60
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post


(standing up and applauding) Sarnali for President!!

If Nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve,

"you drew me here to accept the place I now stand in, there is ner'er a man here within these walls who can say, sir, you sought it, nay, not a man nor woman treading upon American ground"..........
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off