Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #51
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
My bike is huge and heavy, probably among the heaviest out there but I love it on the open road. I don't like it on short trips, parking or downtown, heavy traffic, I miss my 800 big time, but to be able to get out there, with my bad back & pull a 10-12 hour day hot, cold, dry or wet, I love my big bike, it's v4 power cargo capacity, and travel range.
With that beast your the authority on heavy bikes, but balanced properly it's as smooth threw a parking lot as it is on the highway. By the way, did I mention how smooth that thing is on the highway!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #52
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
That's Awsome Larry!!!
Yeah I'll bet those SlashNess pipes purr like a kitten eh Lar???

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #53
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Well, no but compairing them to Harleys is unjust so much so I tend to give respect to Harley by way of catagorizing them in a whole other cruiser class. The Vintage class.

Let's put it this way once I die with my boots on, I hope Im not riding a cruiser.

Why you do this to yourself brah?

If you don't like 'em don't ride 'em but vintage?....what you mean like polished alloys with duel compound tubeless radials, air suspension, ABS Brembo's, maintenance free valves and belt drive, 6 speed transmission with cushioned drive hub, closed loop EFI w/Cats, throttle by wire with electronic cruise control, available class leading tunes w/XM radio, vibration free engine mounting, unprecedented dealer and aftermarket support, 2 year unlimited warranty class leading paint and chrome and 40+ mpg with 5 k service intervals.......that the vintage you're talking about?

Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them. I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and the U.S.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #54
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them.
So, IF you had to buy a pig... which one would you get?

Quote:
I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and the U.S.
(standing up and applauding) Sarnali for President!!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #55
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Why you do this to yourself brah?

If you don't like 'em don't ride 'em but vintage?....what you mean like polished alloys with duel compound tubeless radials, air suspension, ABS Brembo's, maintenance free valves and belt drive, 6 speed transmission with cushioned drive hub, closed loop EFI w/Cats, throttle by wire with electronic cruise control, available class leading tunes w/XM radio, vibration free engine mounting, unprecedented dealer and aftermarket support, 2 year unlimited warranty class leading paint and chrome and 40+ mpg with 5 k service intervals.......that the vintage you're talking about?

Go ahead and keep your Japanese cruisers my friend, I hope you sell a ton of them. I like Japanese standards like the FZ1, and Bandit, both the V stroms etc but I think the Cruisers and sport tourers are pigs, there's way better to be had from England, Germany, Italy and theU.S.

Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to
make the choice between either cruiser.

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-05-2010 at 03:53 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #56
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Why? It's the difference in era thing we were discussing previously I guess. They just look old, there is no modern styling. One reason the looks of that Victory tourer appeals to me. Hopefully I'll never have to

Sarnail I can respect the fact that you like them and Iv seen you post your list of modern tech that the Harley retains these days. But when did their first model include injection? How long was it after the Japanese? Personally I like carburetor's better anyway. Easier to extract power from. It's not that I hate the Harleys they just seem so far behind from the Japanese. But maybe the big Japanese pigs don't feel so big with all the extra power. To me now since they have become so big the Harleys to me seem small now, kinda girlish. Sorry! Just how I see it.

Well different strokes and all, Like I always say if you don't like 'em don't buy 'em. I 'm just saying they're as up to date as any other bike in their class be it Touring or cruiser.

BTW, My 1980 FLH had twin discs and electronic ignition while most J-bikes still ran points and drum rears....

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #57
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:

The first Harley fuel injection came out in 95 I think. That was long before most Japanese bikes Mokester.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

HD put EFI on the big models in the mid-90s. Most Japanese models were still carbed at the time.

Styling is entirely subjective but if you like the Polaris/Ness styling then you are in a tiny minority considering Victory's miniscule sales numbers. I never like Ness styling much even long before Victory bought into it.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #59
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I guess the Victory attracts me because it's different. But when it comes to looks I like the lines to flow through the bike from the front to the back. Like Iv said to each his own. I just prefer something else that's all.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #60
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post

(standing up and applauding) Sarnali for President!!

If Nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve,

"you drew me here to accept the place I now stand in, there is ner'er a man here within these walls who can say, sir, you sought it, nay, not a man nor woman treading upon American ground"..........