Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #41
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post

Dyna glide Super glide 632lbs dry
Yamaha Roadliner S 749lbs dry
You can't compare a stripped down Dyna to a Stratoliner S.... Totally different class of motorcycle. That would be like comparing a KTM 250 to a Suzuki 650 V Strom.
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #42
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
You might like this:

11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #43
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Exactly, the way it's distributed. The way it picks up off the sidestand. The way it's so easily balanced while your waiting on a green light with your feet on the floor boards. Thanks Dr.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #44
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
You might like this:

That's Awsome Larry!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #45
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
You can't compare a stripped down Dyna to a Stratoliner S.... Totally different class of motorcycle. That would be like comparing a KTM 250 to a Suzuki 650 V Strom.
Agreed and granted Im proud I don't know alot about Harleys even enough to compair compatible models from the Japanese. But we were talking price and this was the Model Seru mentioned. One reason I took the roadliner so atleast it didn't have Bags, Windscreen, or backrest.

IMHO you can't compair any Harley to any Japanese cruisers. The import is so much better. In my opinion. Besides who wants to look like their riding a cops bike. That's the main thing I have never been able to figure out. Obviously there are different variations all the way to the custom built chopper. But alot of them always looked like cops bikes.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-04-2010 at 07:09 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Seru, I hope you take a chance one day and finally test ride a Stratoliner or a Roadliner maybe once that happens the weight won't bother you much with all that extra power. Yes the Roadstar is a pig, but it's the balance that's extrodinary on the Strat/Roadliner.

Every customer Iv had sit on that bike that had enough experience, always picks it up and comments on it's lightweight feel and balance for such a big bike.
Moke there isn't a Big V-Twin you can buy that my Tiger wouldn't chew up and spit out. It's got more power than any of them. And 2/3s the weight. Yeah, the Warrior is really nice handling for a 750 lb bike. It's still 750 lbs. I'm even turned off by the weight of an FJR1300 or a K12RS Brick and they're 100 lbs less than the Strat. I'm not trying to be offensive, I just don't like bikes going into the 600 lb range or more. YMMV.

Seems to me you don't care for them either. Am I right?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Yeah. And the KTM will still be worth more than the Suzuki after a few years.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #48
A Star Ride
Registered Member

My bike is huge and heavy, probably among the heaviest out there but I love it on the open road. I don't like it on short trips, parking or downtown, heavy traffic, I miss my 800 big time, but to be able to get out there, with my bad back & pull a 10-12 hour day hot, cold, dry or wet, I love my big bike, it's v4 power cargo capacity, and travel range.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #49
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Moke there isn't a Big V-Twin you can buy that my Tiger wouldn't chew up and spit out. It's got more power than any of them. And 2/3s the weight. Yeah, the Warrior is really nice handling for a 750 lb bike. It's still 750 lbs. I'm even turned off by the weight of an FJR1300 or a K12RS Brick and they're 100 lbs less than the Strat. I'm not trying to be offensive, I just don't like bikes going into the 600 lb range or more. YMMV.

Seems to me you don't care for them either. Am I right?
Well, no but compairing them to Harleys is unjust so much so I tend to give respect to Harley by way of catagorizing them in a whole other cruiser class. The Vintage class.

Let's put it this way once I die hopefully it will be with my boots on, and not on a cruiser.
Just cause you stated the obvious, there isn't a Tiger my GSXR wouldn't destroy

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-05-2010 at 04:59 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #50
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah. And the KTM will still be worth more than the Suzuki after a few years.
Only the KTM will collect dust by the time you find a worthy buyer. Not to mention all the Suzuki dealers the new buyer incounters on his way to get a part that's not in stock at his KTM Dealer.