Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Kawasaki Versys Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15390-2010-kawasaki-versys-review.html)

Administrator 05-26-2010 10:04 AM

2010 Kawasaki Versys Review

Original Article:
2010 Kawasaki Versys Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Kawasaki Versys Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

ejis 05-26-2010 10:44 AM

Why, oh why, won't they bring the ABS equipped version here?

pplassm 05-26-2010 11:51 AM

Would ya buy one, then? Guaranteed?

Kenneth_Moore 05-26-2010 12:00 PM

I guess there is more to the Versys than I thought. I looked at it when I was buying in '07 and liked it, but it just felt too small to me. I was coming off a HD Low Rider and Concours 1000, so I guess that's no surprise.

The Kawi rider at Daytona was leaving a lot of C-14 demo riders in his dust on a Versys, especially on the sweepers.

12er 05-26-2010 01:57 PM

I want one but they are a little tight for my hugeness. So back to gawking at the Tiger I go.

ejis 05-26-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 242700)
Would ya buy one, then? Guaranteed?

Guaranteed? That's a tough call even for a worthless post on a forum. But it would be damn near the perfect bike for me, with all the features I'm looking for at a reasonable price. I like the Tiger and new Multi, but both are more expensive (maybe the Tiger 675, if it materializes?) and honestly bigger than I need. My SV is great (and yes, I know I can get a newer one with ABS), but even with the work I've put into the suspension and brakes, there are still rough spots that just aren't reasonably fixable. And the newer ones still have damper rod standard forks, preload only shock, and sliding pin calipers.

Dr_Sprocket 05-26-2010 07:24 PM

This is the bike most riders should but, but few will even consider. I'm a fan, but the Versys I sat on was a bit cramped for my 6'5" legs. If it were a tad bit bigger, I probably would have bought one, instead of the Uly.

seruzawa 05-26-2010 07:28 PM

Versys be good solo tourer fo people who ain't too tall. Problem is.. people be waitin' fo Tiger cub, yo! The 675 just shyts all over Kwaki's 650 twin. Even if the 675 is "tuned for torque" it still rule. Yeah, I know it ain't announced but plenty people be very interested in seeing one.

tripleripple 05-26-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 242733)
Versys be good solo tourer fo people who ain't too tall. Problem is.. people be waitin' fo Tiger cub, yo! The 675 just shyts all over Kwaki's 650 twin. Even if the 675 is "tuned for torque" it still rule. Yeah, I know it ain't announced but plenty people be very interested in seeing one.

mmhmm. +1 (more like +10) on that 675. Going to a demo days thingie on Saturday, hoping to shake down the Street Triple to get a basic idea of what to expect with el tigre pequeno. Also going to try to "accidentally fall behind" the group on a Rocket so's I can play catch up.

Kevin_Duke 05-27-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 242731)
This is the bike most riders should but, but few will even consider. I'm a fan, but the Versys I sat on was a bit cramped for my 6'5" legs. If it were a tad bit bigger, I probably would have bought one, instead of the Uly.

A thick aftermarket seat would provide extra legroom...