Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 North West 200 Report

Original Article:
2010 North West 200 Report

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 North West 200 Report in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iv was able to catch a couple rounds two years ago on Speed of the Irish Roadracing championship. All I can say is it's like a slimmed down version ofthe Isle of man. The roads are two lanes wide and not the American type size lanes, Euro size which is considerably skinnier.

The race I watched was in the rain and guys were lossing the front the instant they started their turn in. Nuts! The 200 Iv heard of but never really followed it. Crazy stuff!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
dennisfallen
Registered Member

Location: peoples republic of cork(ireland,turn right at newfoundland)

Hi folks,
it's great to see roadracing here in Ireland getting a bit of publicity across the pond.
We have had a few road races cancelled this year because of the downturn in the economy ,but I'm sure these events will be ressurected next year.
My own club hope to run the first roadrace in over 20 years in Cork later on in August in Dunmanway. Home | West Cork Motorcycle Club
For anybody interested in some footage you could give youtube a look and try these searches:- skerries,kells,killalane,walderstown,cookstown,fau gheen,athea.
The quality in most of then is so-so but you'll get a taste of how awesome road racing over here is

Last edited by dennisfallen : 05-27-2010 at 02:05 AM.
dennisfallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Awsome yes, but a little crazy for my blood. Thanks!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
dennisfallen
Registered Member

I think the Irish are all born crazy................................

and we just get crazier as time goes on
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Why is it that it seems at least, that none of these roadracers that like racing on street circuits never cross over and race on tracks. Iam familiar with the Isle of Manns respectable top finishers names but none of the Irish roadracers.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Indeed they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Why is it that it seems at least, that none of these roadracers that like racing on street circuits never cross over and race on tracks.
"Reigning British Superstock champ, Seeley, riding for Relentless Suzuki by TAS, battled with frontrunners McGuinness and Stuart Easton – both also BSB racers ... "

Moke,

In addition to those riders, a good share of the upper echelon of the racers competing in the larger Irish road races also race circuits, but more commonly in European series such as British Superbike.

Steve Plater, the fella originally on pole for the NW200, and Michael Rutter, another rider often seen in the NW, both race BSB. That's just a tiny sampling of riders that do race both road and track.

Problem is, for us 'Mericans, unless you're devoted to following BSB results online, or have some type of TV access to Euro broadcasting, we likely won't know much about it. Just as I implied in the opening of the article.

Cheers!

Last edited by Pete_Brissette : 05-26-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Pete_Brissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

I do recognize those names more recently Seely, but names like McGuinness, Platter are familiar to me but just as you've stated I don't regularly follow BSB unless
of course it's Cadwell Park for obviousreasons.
Names like McElnea, Jeffries, Lougher are a bit more recognizable to me
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
dennisfallen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Why is it that it seems at least, that none of these roadracers that like racing on street circuits never cross over and race on tracks. Iam familiar with the Isle of Manns respectable top finishers names but none of the Irish roadracers.
Here in Ireland you need to race on circuits before progressing to road racing.After 2 years ,if you are good enough you can ride the support races on the roads and if you are good enough at those you progress on to the main classes.
The track scene here is a stepping stone to moving up to road racing or by getting spotted by a team and mayby breaking into the BSB or WSS ,WSB.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
backroadbob.com
Registered Member

Default Real Road Racing

Readers can get all the info on all the racing in both the North and the South by going to RealRoadRacing.Com. Yes, Ireland and the IOM are very special places to see road racing, but as always, it's the people that are most special. I've been going to the IOM since 1997 and have interviewed both Joey and Robert and Phillip. Great racers all.
backroadbob.com is offline   Reply With Quote