Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Exploring Quebec Maritime (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15345-exploring-quebec-maritime.html)

Administrator 05-20-2010 03:18 PM

Exploring Quebec Maritime

Original Article:
Exploring Quebec Maritime

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Exploring Quebec Maritime in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kevin_Duke 05-21-2010 10:25 AM

Looks like a great place to visit! Just gotta work out that whole time/money thing...

sarnali2 05-21-2010 11:04 AM

I used to live there when I was a nipper, very pretty place. If you jump across...well taking the ferry would be more practical...to Newfoundland you can visit L'Anse aux Meadows and see the oldest European settlement in North America settled a few hundred years before Columbus discovered Cuba.

Quebec 05-27-2010 02:33 AM

I'm a Quebecer myself and I agree that following the 132 along the coast is one of, if not the best driving road we have. Although I haven't done it with a motorcycle yet (getting my permit on June 10, it takes roughly 7 months and 900$ to get one here), I did it with my car last year and I can say that some parts of the 132 are a pretty awesome drive (there is also a rally stage in Baie des Chaleurs and I have a jeep wink wink).

I guess my best road would be the 138 on the opposing side of the St-Laurence starting from Québec city, stopping at Tadousac to check out the whales and take a ferry down to Rivière du Loup and then go on to the 132 around Gaspésie.

On another note, I find it funny that we give off that European feel to you guys. From my point of view its like going to england because it gives off an american feel, different accent, different food, different climate, but I digress, we do speak French :p

PS: Quick tip, the speed limits here are in Kph and the police tolerate up to the speed limit +10% +10kph eg: 50 Kph speed limit plus 10% (5) plus 10 is 65 kph.

Buzglyd 05-27-2010 06:21 AM

I'm heading off to Montreal in July with the GF. We'll make a run up to Quebec City for a few days as well.

No motorbike on this trip though. :-(

Kevin_Duke 05-27-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 242755)
I'm heading off to Montreal in July with the GF. We'll make a run up to Quebec City for a few days as well.

No motorbike on this trip though. :-(

Have a great trip, Buz! Too bad you'll miss the F1 race by a month.

backroadbob.com 05-28-2010 01:31 PM

Don't forget to tell your readers to take their rainsuit. I've been touring the Maritime Provinces since 1981. I know. Here's how I described a return to Cape Breton I recently made. It's from an unpublished article I just wrote.

Most motorcyclists visit here for the 185-mile Cabot Trail loop around the eastern end of Nova Scotia commonly known as Cape Breton. You’d have to go 3500 miles across the U.S. or the Atlantic Ocean to duplicate the rugged, wind-swept coastline scenery. On my first ride to Cape Breton, time constraints forced the entire 185-mile Cabot Trail be ridden in one day. This time, I wasn’t going to make that same mistake. This time I was going to explore the coves, unusual shops, and eclectic shop owners scattered along the Cabot Trail like so many coarsely-ground pepper grains on a dinner plate.