Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15314-pirelli-diablo-rosso-corsa-tire-review.html)

Administrator 05-19-2010 03:10 PM

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review

Original Article:
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tire Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

MOKE1K 05-19-2010 04:00 PM

Sorry Dunlop giy here!

Kevin_Duke 05-19-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 242109)
Sorry Dunlop giy here!

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the scintillating prose of my article... ;)

Kenneth_Moore 05-20-2010 05:33 AM

Being honest...I'm not very fast at all. When I was chasing the Kawi factory rider at Daytona, I realized there is an entire riding skill set out there that I have none of. I managed to keep up, but it was ugly and scary. That might change someday via a track school, we'll see.

Having said that, bike tires are a big part of my day to day survival as I commute through S. Florida traffic during peak traffic hours. The multi-compound idea makes sense to me, but I've heard complaints about the transition from the center compound to the side, and back again.

I suppose there will never be a "perfect" tire, so far the Continental Road Attacks seem to have the best grip to wear ratio for the Vee.

Kevin_Duke 05-20-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 242151)
Being honest...I'm not very fast at all. When I was chasing the Kawi factory rider at Daytona, I realized there is an entire riding skill set out there that I have none of. I managed to keep up, but it was ugly and scary. That might change someday via a track school, we'll see.

Having said that, bike tires are a big part of my day to day survival as I commute through S. Florida traffic during peak traffic hours. The multi-compound idea makes sense to me, but I've heard complaints about the transition from the center compound to the side, and back again.

I suppose there will never be a "perfect" tire, so far the Continental Road Attacks seem to have the best grip to wear ratio for the Vee.

No, there is no perfect tire for everyone, but there are a lot of good choices these days.

The_AirHawk 05-20-2010 08:55 AM

It must be a Terrible job, being a Motorcycle Tire Tester for Pirelli.........

Kenneth_Moore 05-20-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 242177)
It must be a Terrible job, being a Motorcycle Tire Tester for Pirelli.........

And filled with shame. Thus, the Duck Head disguise.

The_AirHawk 05-20-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 242178)
And filled with shame. Thus, the Duck Head disguise.

I wasn't referrin' to the Dukester. I was talkin' about Salvatore Penisi, and the bloody 40-times-around-the-planet miles he and his Department log per year.......

Kevin_Duke 05-20-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 242186)
I wasn't referrin' to the Dukester. I was talkin' about Salvatore Penisi, and the bloody 40-times-around-the-planet miles he and his Department log per year.......

I'm sure it can be a very cool job, but keep in mind that being required to ride a bike is quite a bit different than choosing to ride at your convenience.

Penisi is one cool dude. Smart, jovial and a stud on a bike, despite being at an age when the rest of us are slowing down.

pushrod 05-20-2010 02:24 PM

I'm with Ken.

I'll probably never do a 'hot lap.'

But, it was an interesting article!