Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #31
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Thanks Kevin!!! I would love Portamio elevation changes seperate the men from the boys.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #32
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I thought your friends called you Shorty........
It's one of those "opposite" names, like a fat guy bein' called "Slim"..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #33
gt750
Registered Member

Default Tire Review

How about a few good pictures of the tires themselves? A description would be nice as well, weight, profile, actual size etc.. Tire weight has a big effect on handling etc.. An educated guess on how long they'll last would be good as well. It would be nice to be able to compare these tires as the years go on. A spread sheet may serve you well as well? I think it is a kind of disservice to Pirelli and myself to talk about the bikes and track more than the tires. They spend a lot of cash to put this event on, and deserve a committed review. Look at it this way; I'd pay for my own airfair, and use my holidays, to be able to go to Assen to watch the WSB races, probably in their nice suite, and then actually get to ride on that track!
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt750 View Post
How about a few good pictures of the tires themselves? An educated guess on how long they'll last would be good as well. I think it is a kind of disservice to Pirelli and myself to talk about the bikes and track more than the tires. They spend a lot of cash to put this event on, and deserve a committed review. Look at it this way; I'd pay for my own airfair, and use my holidays, to be able to go to Assen to watch the WSB races, probably in their nice suite, and then actually get to ride on that track!
Tire pics? Well, there were two in the article, and there's this one from the article's gallery: http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=239630

Regarding how long they'll last, that's impossible to know from a day at the track punctuated after lunch by a tire swap.

I'll let you know when the next event is. Just make sure you have your journalism degree before packing!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #35
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It's one of those "opposite" names, like a fat guy bein' called "Slim"..........

Ahh... so that's why they call me "Little Steve" huh?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #36
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Palm Beach International Raceway, formerly the iconic "Moroso" racetrack, is doing "Motorcycle Fridays" now. Apparently, for $75, you can do laps. There are probably requirements for leather suits, and stuff like oil pans and safety wires on the bike. I guess I could put some frame sliders on the Vee and have a go at it.
Hey, KM, did you ever get yourself to a trackday?