Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

“We’re not here to push the green message,” Hussain says. “We’re not here to save the planet. Our pitch is we are the next generation of motorsports.”

What will be really interesting is seeing electric bikes on the same grid as gas bikes. I don't think it's going to take that long for the technology to support the prospect. But imagine the AMA trying to figure out how to build a rule set around I!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
“We’re not here to push the green message,” Hussain says. “We’re not here to save the planet. Our pitch is we are the next generation of motorsports.”

What will be really interesting is seeing electric bikes on the same grid as gas bikes. I don't think it's going to take that long for the technology to support the prospect. But imagine the AMA trying to figure out how to build a rule set around I!

Sure. They figured out a way for 2-cyl Buells to run with 600cc 4-cyl bikes, after all. Whether that was a good thing or not is another topic.

Higbee was turning 156's. What other bikes can from the gasoline powered world?

Question is whether TTXGP would be up for that at this juncture.

It's too soon. Rapid development within the e-bikes is expected. Who knows how long before he's running 146s? Etc. ...

Also a spec class for TTXGP on matched bikes might be cool. Then you'd have closer racing.

Again, one team owner thinks that is a bad idea at this point.

If anyone has any good ideas, TTXGP is all ears.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Can you expand on the AC versus DC power curve a bit? My guess would be that DC is more linear but with lower overall performance potential, and AC is spikey with greater performance potential (for a given power supply).

Ya see son, you'll just have to wait a few years to go to college; I invested your trust fund in these priceless electric race bikes, and the prices haven't quite peaked yet...
I'm trying to get info from someone who might have put AC vs. DC on the dyno. Basically, what I'm told is DC has more low end grunt ...
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
12er
Founding Member

If they slim down that lighting so it can turn watch out. He had to park it so hard in the turns it looked like a rookie rider, then off it went in the straights like a shot.

I can easily see an electric second car in my future as most of our driving is 10 miles or less. Burn the dino's on the road trips. The Leaf would work fine, that is if I can fit in it... Being a 'burbs dweller a run about electric bike doesnt fit as well, but if I lived in the city once again it would work out where parking is an issue.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #15
eMotoRules
Registered Member

I'm not sure how I missed this article... it is by far the most complete story of what happened at Infineon. Great job, Jeff!

Thanks, especially, for mentioning the TTXGP Technical Rules Wiki. I hope everyone here who has a bit of time to spare and an interest in shaping the rules of electric motorcycle racing will come on over and check it out at wiki.egrandprix.com.