Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster Review

Original Article:
2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Has Triumph released the tank-mounted helipad accessory kit yet? That's one bigass bike, and the tank is the biggest I've ever seen (size, not capacity) with the exception of a Boss Hog.

I rode one in '07 and thought it was a hell of a lot of fun. Not my cuppa, but I can understand their popularity.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Man, that's a bike!

Hoo-wee!

I wonder if you could 'spoon' a narrower 'bun' on the rear 'hoop?' That 240 has got to be a bear to turn.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I likes it! Just the bike for me and Oliveoil to cruze the waterfront, and run down Bluto when we can. Ah YUK YUK YUK....
Old 05-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
I likes it! Just the bike for me and Oliveoil to cruze the waterfront, and run down Bluto when we can. Ah YUK YUK YUK....
Your forearms are as wide as the Rocket's rear tire!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Just once I wanna do the ol' first gear...walking speed...pull clutch in...haaaandful of throttle...dump clutch-routine on this thing. Just once.

Go Triumph, I miss the ripple of the triple (ahem) and may be heading back sooner rather than later. Sales and profits are up, great bikes all around, they're doing a lot of stuff right. I've wholeheartedly enjoyed the Buell, but when that Baby Tiger comes around (it's coming, right?), that's gonna be all she wrote. Commute? Check. Curb jumping? Probably. Old lady scaring? Why not. Grocery store run? Easy. Weekend trip? Mmm hmm.

Though if I need to perform any tree stump removal, the Rocket III is my ride of choice.

Side Note: Duke and Co.: You guys must be eating your Wheaties. You've been killing it lately. The reviews and comparos are bar none.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Duken4evr
Founding Member

What a two wheeled expression of E=MC2 that thing is

I think that motor would be cool in a Can-Am trike setup. Such beef kinda cries out for 3 wheels and car tires! The Rocket III does make perfect sense though, when parked next to a Boss Hoss.

2nd the compliment on all the writeups you guys are posting up lately!
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Just once I wanna do the ol' first gear...walking speed...pull clutch in...haaaandful of throttle...dump clutch-routine on this thing. Just once.

Go Triumph, I miss the ripple of the triple (ahem) and may be heading back sooner rather than later. Sales and profits are up, great bikes all around, they're doing a lot of stuff right. I've wholeheartedly enjoyed the Buell, but when that Baby Tiger comes around (it's coming, right?), that's gonna be all she wrote. Commute? Check. Curb jumping? Probably. Old lady scaring? Why not. Grocery store run? Easy. Weekend trip? Mmm hmm.

Side Note: Duke and Co.: You guys must be eating your Wheaties. You've been killing it lately. The reviews and comparos are bar none.
Thanks for the kudos, Trip (& Duken). Despite a slow year for new-bike intros, we don't seem to have any spare time! Lots more in store, so keep coming back and tell all your friends!

And, yes, I'm still expecting the baby Tiger...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
pushrod
Founding Member

SORTA OFF-TOPIC ALERT!

KD,

I'm looking for a new vented (textile) jacket to replace my JR Phoenix (v1.0). Any chance of y'all doing a 'comparo'?

Heck - send a couple different ones out to one or three of us oldtimers, and we'll write 'em up!

It's impossible for me (and, I'd wager, many others) to shop around for the 'best' whatever out there, because few bike Dealers carry any variety, and we have no local IMS or other bike 'expo's.'

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- I rode the original as a demo at ATD back in 2007. I thought it was a big bike, too. Then, after two days of riding I decided it wasn't all that big at all. It was even "nimble" for a hulking piece is steel. I would tend to think I would like this version even better. Now if Triumph would offer a fully adjustable suspension for the massive ride I would love it even more- electronically controlled, of course. Just set it up with 2 modes- tour or sport with 5 levels of adjustability from soft to hard.