Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Icon Airframe Carbon Lifeform Helmet Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15208-2010-icon-airframe-carbon-lifeform-helmet-review.html)

Administrator 05-07-2010 02:11 PM

2010 Icon Airframe Carbon Lifeform Helmet Review

Original Article:
2010 Icon Airframe Carbon Lifeform Helmet Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Icon Airframe Carbon Lifeform Helmet Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

trenttheuncatchable 05-07-2010 07:34 PM

Nice looking helmet. Reminds me of Star Wars, though.

Kenneth_Moore 05-11-2010 09:24 AM

So far, I have yet to find a helmet that flows enough air to help in the Florida heat. Those intakes look like they might.

Have you pulled out the interior on yours yet, Mr. Duke? One thing I love about the Nolan is that I can toss the whole liner in the washer and then air dry it. When it's hot, I do that pretty often; that Salt-n-Vinegar flavor is fine on chips, but not the noggin.

Kevin_Duke 05-11-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 241444)
So far, I have yet to find a helmet that flows enough air to help in the Florida heat. Those intakes look like they might.

Have you pulled out the interior on yours yet, Mr. Duke? One thing I love about the Nolan is that I can toss the whole liner in the washer and then air dry it. When it's hot, I do that pretty often; that Salt-n-Vinegar flavor is fine on chips, but not the noggin.

Most helmets have excellent airflow when the faceshield is raised. ;)

Yeah, the washable interior of the Icon is simple to remove and snaps easily into place.

Kenneth_Moore 05-11-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 241454)
Most helmets have excellent airflow when the faceshield is raised. ;)

Yeah, the washable interior of the Icon is simple to remove and snaps easily into place.

I guess "The Golden State" doesn't have bugs, sand, and gravel flying around on the roads. We do.

The_AirHawk 05-11-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 241467)
I guess "The Golden State" doesn't have bugs, sand, and gravel flying around on the roads. We do.

What do you do when you catch a Bee in the throat?

The correct answer is "close your mouth, 'cuz she just ricocheted-up into your helmet, and is angrily buzzing in your face"........

Kevin_Duke 05-11-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Bugs and gravel in your teeth are signs you're a real biker. ;)

MOKE1K 05-11-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Brother you got that right, every place Iv lived can not compair to Floridas,... debri we'll call it. Infact lovebug season seemed like it started today. Great, and those suckers will eat off your paint if left long enough.

A Star Ride 05-11-2010 07:26 PM

My Scorpion has the removable & washable liner too, another trick with other helmets when you get back and the liners are damp is to lightly stuff it with crumpled newspaper, then later Febreze it. You'll be suprised how much moisture that will suck out from the liners. (also fill small cardboard box with crumpled newspaper & put inside non running refrigerators when storing them if you can't leave the doors open)

sarnali2 05-11-2010 08:14 PM

I just fill my Shoei with dish soap and hot water, swish it around then rinse it out and leave it out in the boiler room till I go home. Leaves a nice lemony fresh scent!..