Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
monster2223
Registered Member

Default What to get for someone upgrading: Triumph Daytona vs. Ducati 848 vs. R6

OK guys, so for the last few weeks I've been shopping motorcycles, and finally I narrowed it down to three that I absolutely love: Triumph Daytona, Ducati 848, and R6. All three are sexy and nice.

I just want to get some opinions on which is best. They kinda are all different in class, technically. I've only had a ninja 250, 2008, and have been riding since and I'm ready to upgrade. I have 5000 miles on it and I'm so bored with it that recently I have to start doing stoppies at every red light/stop sign just to have fun with it, since its so damn slow. Do most of you upgrade to a six or do some actually go higher?
monster2223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

All three bikes are completely different. My suggestion is almost always buy what catches your eye, or what fits your body best. I would end up getting the Triumph, even though the Ducati is the bees knees, because the nearest Triumph dealer is one hour away but the nearest Ducati dealer is three hours away.

It would be a mistake to presume that these bikes are the "next logical step". The little Ninja 250 makes about 26hp, while the Triumph 675 makes about 110 hp. A better option might be the Ninja 650, the Suzuki SV650S, or even the Yamaha YZF600R.

All three bikes you've mentioned have massively more power than anyone can really use on the street.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

It's been nice knowin' you.

I've been "bored" with a 46hp HawkGT for years. So bored in fact, that I have 4 of them.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I like those choices. I'm not sure if you'll get test rides on the Yamaha. Triumph and Ducati usually offer test rides to serious buyers.

I've owned two Ducatis and love them.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Speaking of monster...

Speaking of monster, I couldn't help but notice your screen name. Perhaps the Ducati Monster 696 or the new Monster 796. Both bikes will have plenty of power for the developing rider. The question is, are you a monster... or not?