Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15035-2010-honda-vt1300-sabre-review.html)

Administrator 04-20-2010 11:58 AM

2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 04-20-2010 12:23 PM

Okay. Now we've truly entered the Twilight Zone. This "Sabre" is only $200 less than a brand new 2010 Dyna-Glide. Never mind that the Honda Sabre name evokes a class of high-performance standards not another cruiser clone. And one that looks really really uncomfortable at that. At least it doesn't weigh more than the HD, that's something. I just can't think of one reason that a cruiser buyer would buy this over the real thing.

Kenneth_Moore 04-20-2010 12:36 PM

This looks like the "Pro-Street" version of the Fury. Why not, the Fury certainly seems to have worked out well for Honda.

The comment about "cruiser sales obliterating sales of all other bike types in the US" is predictable, but disappointing. Frankly, I don't think "cruisers" do much of anything well. Unless "cruising" means looking sorta like a "biker" as your ride from bar to bar to diner to home.

Dr_Sprocket 04-20-2010 03:15 PM

I'll admit, it's got nice lines. However, that big, fat tank seam just sticks right out there, screaming "Look at me! I'm not a Harley!" Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

I know the displacements are substatially different, but it looks to me like Honda was aiming at the same sort of buyer that would also consider the Triumph Thunderbird.

12er 04-20-2010 04:18 PM

I second the tank seam being unacceptable, first thing my eye caught... Well Ok I first thought it was a new Furry, then the tank seam popped into view.

Duken4evr 04-20-2010 05:22 PM

For me, the Honda VTX line has always been a soulless, plastic clad and uninspiring line of McMotorcycles. The VTX line does offer microwave oven like reliability, but for me they inspire about as much passion as my microwave.

At least Star seems to get it.

The_AirHawk 04-20-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 240029)
For me, the Honda VTX line has always been a soulless, plastic clad and uninspiring line of McMotorcycles. The VTX line does offer microwave oven like reliability, but for me they inspire about as much passion as my microwave.

At least Star seems to get it.

Anything that's a "copy" of another thing is as soul-less as a WASP at James Brown's last Family Reunion........

Auphliam 04-21-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 239997)
Okay. Now we've truly entered the Twilight Zone. This "Sabre" is only $200 less than a brand new 2010 Dyna-Glide. Never mind that the Honda Sabre name evokes a class of high-performance standards not another cruiser clone. And one that looks really really uncomfortable at that. At least it doesn't weigh more than the HD, that's something. I just can't think of one reason that a cruiser buyer would buy this over the real thing.

What he said ^

This thing does nothing for me.

PsychoBueller 04-21-2010 06:41 AM

Jeez, how much could it possibly cost to make a seamless tank? It totally ruins the look of the bike. Who let that out the door? Probably the same boob that designed the Accord Crosstour.

Buzglyd 04-21-2010 07:19 AM

The rear rim is too small also.