Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Cop pulls gun on "Stunta"

Well, it's all over the net. Why not here:

Motorcyclist jailed for 26 hours for videotaping gun-wielding cop | Photography is Not a Crime

The rider was wrong for riding like an @ss. The cop was wrong for overreacting. Who is wrong for allowing the outrageous charges that followed?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pigb.jpg (67.7 KB, 4 views)

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

They'll probably transfer this cop to the bureaucracy that rations cancer treatments.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Sounds like my town. This weekend is "motorcycle crackdown weekend". The P.D. said on the news that they were going to be stopping all motorcycles to verify proper class, insurance & check for illegal equipment. I'l bet some tickets will be issued for NOS & performance, but none for pipes or helmets. Last weekend was Blue Ridge Bike Fest, largest rally in the state, why didn't they run off the tourists & do this last week?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Stupid is as Stupid does. If you're a Finkin' Prink, and your own actions condemn you - sure would piss a person off. I was treated better by the Deputy that pulled me over "for 125 in a 70"........ then let go because he didn't feel like writin' that day.........

(BTW - the only one doin' 125 on that stretch was the Deputy - "catching up" to me - I was doin' about 85)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wow, the cop would have probably shot at the motorcyclist if he tried to run. Wonder how that would have ended.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Stupid is as Stupid does. If you're a Finkin' Prink, and your own actions condemn you - sure would piss a person off. I was treated better by the Deputy that pulled me over "for 125 in a 70"........ then let go because he didn't feel like writin' that day.........

(BTW - the only one doin' 125 on that stretch was the Deputy - "catching up" to me - I was doin' about 85)
This is beyond that. This cop pulled a gun which meant he intended to shoot some guy on a motorcycle for stunting. Much as I hate stunters this cop is a dangerous psycho. But in usual "thin blue line" fashion the cops and a judge worked together to "teach a lesson" to someone who stood up for his rights. The judge issued the cops a "fishing" warrant. The judge is a coward to boot.

I hope this guy gets a good lawyer and takes these guys to the cleaners.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It looks to me like the cop is in a 'roid rage. I'm seeing a lot of that with the cops around here. One of my best friends got caught up in the steroid/bodybuilding lifestyle, and I've learned what it looks like and how it changes people. Many cops (like this one) show the buldging veins, the flushed skin, the muscles. They're hyper-agresssive, just hoping somebody is going to give them an excuse for going off. They need to test cops for steroids, hormones, doping, all the stuff they test atheletes for. We really don't need a bunch of Robocops out there.

I got blue-lighted at 120 (the VFR speedo said 140) in Phoenix. I pulled right over; by the time the cop caught up I had my helmet off, license and registration out, bike off. He flew out of the car, I could see his heart pounding through his uniform. It took me 20 minutes to talk him down and convince him I was just a dumbass with a too-fast motorcycle and not a criminal threat to society. After he wound down he told me I was "lucky you were pulled over by an experienced cop," who could "control himself."
Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
After he wound down he told me I was "lucky you were pulled over by an experienced cop," who could "control himself."
What kind of excrement is that... "experienced cop" who could "control himself"?! It's statements like that that ruin the credibility of the police force, no matter the experience level.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

This guys a cowboy! plain clothes un marked car waving a .40 cal around.......who's the menace to society here?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
What kind of excrement is that... "experienced cop" who could "control himself"?! It's statements like that that ruin the credibility of the police force, no matter the experience level.
A few years back some county sheriff killed some kid sitting in his car. The kid saw the cop and bent down to hide his beer. The @sshole cop assumed he was reaching for a gun so he killed the teenager. Same story: experienced cop, "followed procedure".

I hate that "followed procedure" crap. They are the one who make up the procedure. Then they use THEIR procedure to excuse their incompetence and corruption.