Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 MV Agusta F4 1000 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14991-2010-mv-agusta-f4-1000-review.html)

Dr_Sprocket 04-17-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 239759)
Will Smith rode one in I Robot and Angelina "bongo lips" Jolie rode one in Gone in 60 seconds......

Just thought I'd throw that out there.......

Uhhhh, I don't think I was looking at the bike in Gone in 60 Seconds.

The_AirHawk 04-17-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 239763)
Uhhhh, I don't think I was looking at the bike in Gone in 60 Seconds.

What were you looking-at in I, Robot?

Me? I was watchin' Big-Willies Ass.........

cloud9 04-18-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 239759)
Will Smith rode one in I Robot and Angelina "bongo lips" Jolie rode one in Gone in 60 seconds......

Just thought I'd throw that out there.......

I believe you could also spot one in the last fight scene of the first transformers movie.

Bigger news is the king (burger king) rides a gsxr apparently in his newest commercial.......

IMCDb.org: Home page

I for one would like to see more 2 wheeled chase scenes.....but I'm digressing. Back to the Will smith talk :roll:

Kenneth_Moore 04-18-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 239745)
Good question! MV's site lists only a TBA. Email sent to PR rep for an answer. Will post when I get a response.

"The new 998cc engine is not quite as powerful as the BMW S1000R but it’s not far off."

I suggest a new "S1000 Price Index" be used for bikes like this. Something like: "The F4 1000's SPI is 3.25." Which would mean, of course, that you can buy 3 BMW S1000's for the same price and have $3-4k left over.

Duken4evr 04-18-2010 12:03 PM

The price should be listed as "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

It is amazing that such a limited production bike can keep up on the technology front. If I ever do hit the Powerball Lotto, I want 2 of these. One to actually ride, one to park in the "guy's room" at the new Dukemansion :)

Dr_Sprocket 04-18-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 239821)
The price should be listed as "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

Point taken.

nobsallowed 05-23-2010 09:58 PM

Mv F4
 
I got the amazing chance to ride this bike on Friday. One of six in the US at the moment. Duc Pond Ducati in Winchester VA was able to get a hold of one for their open house. I have been thinking about buying an Italian bike for a while now. After the 5 min lecture on DO NOT WRECK THIS BIKE, we went on about a 15 minute ride. It wasn't a track ride but I was able to get it up to about 80 on some back roads. I have rode the new KTM RC-8 and the Ducati 848. They do not even compare. The RC-8 handles amazingly well but I didn't like the motor. The Ducati was a very nice bike too, but the throttle response and over all ride were not even in the same ball park as the MV. I have yet to get a chance to ride the new BMW, but right now if I had a choice of my next bike, hands down it would be the MV Agusta F4. My girl friend was with me and she even got to ride it. She was smiling ear to ear when she got off. So, I am pretty sure she loved it too. Too bad if I buy one she won't be riding it. You can't let your girl on your real baby........

seruzawa 05-24-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 239792)
"The new 998cc engine is not quite as powerful as the BMW S1000R but it’s not far off."

I suggest a new "S1000 Price Index" be used for bikes like this. Something like: "The F4 1000's SPI is 3.25." Which would mean, of course, that you can buy 3 BMW S1000's for the same price and have $3-4k left over.

Yes, but then you would just have 3 BMW S1000s.

The_AirHawk 05-24-2010 07:02 PM

Jeezuz on a Stick: it's the KPPI all over again............

Somebody check Kenmoore's IP address - make certain it's not Seattle.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 PM.