Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 BMW K1300S vs Honda VFR1200F Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14939-2010-bmw-k1300s-vs-honda-vfr1200f-shootout.html)

Administrator 04-09-2010 11:39 AM

2010 BMW K1300S vs Honda VFR1200F Shootout

Original Article:
2010 BMW K1300S vs Honda VFR1200F Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 BMW K1300S vs Honda VFR1200F Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 04-09-2010 02:21 PM

Top Venue

I have been waiting for the new VFR for a long time and this review confirms all that I hoped it would be. Fit and finish are important and I am glad you included your perceptions of both bikes in the narrative. Combined with the videos these reviews are so much better than anything else out there. MO is truly a world class venue because of the high end reviews your team creates for us. They have an every man quality that other elitist publications have lost or never had. You lucky bastards.

mscuddy 04-09-2010 02:56 PM

Great test there gents, but six hundred freeking pounds? That's just too much poundage to be hauling around, 'specially when a 20 year old 1000cc standard with a fairing weighed in around five hundred lbs. soaking wet. Hell, my 1980 Yamaha Vision 1100cc porker weighed six hundred & fifty pounds with bags and everything.

Where did all the weight come from? And don't give me "the superior suspension" and all that crap. Maybe 75 lbs more copper wire for all the electric gizmos? If one of these fell over in a parking lot, it's truss time if you picked it up wrong.

Rant rave blah blah...

Kevin_Duke 04-09-2010 02:58 PM

Thanks, JMD! I guess working on it till 5am was worth it!

pushrod 04-09-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 239326)
Thanks, JMD! I guess working on it till 5am was worth it!

5am!?

That would explain "wieldier."

But, a good article nonetheless. Buggers are expensive, with bags and the gotta-have options.

Kevin_Duke 04-09-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 239332)
5am!?

That would explain "wieldier."

But, a good article nonetheless. Buggers are expensive, with bags and the gotta-have options.

:)

Expensive, yes, but classier than a Bandit with a milk crate bungied to the seat!

sarnali2 04-09-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 239335)
:)

Expensive, yes, but classier than a Bandit with a milk crate bungied to the seat!

I don't know about that, for the price of one of these you could keep yourself in 2nd gen Bandits till the cows came home LOL

Dr_Sprocket 04-09-2010 06:10 PM

Expensive bike, but perhaps worth the dough.

I'd love to see the new Multistrada matched up against the new Viffer on a sport touring jaunt. Throw in a Triumph Sprint ST for good measure, and I'll go get the popcorn ready!

seruzawa 04-09-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 239336)
I don't know about that, for the price of one of these you could keep yourself in 2nd gen Bandits till the cows came home LOL

Or a nice SprintST with an Arrow pipe and the proper map will get 140rwhp. And weight a lot less.

Too bad to see what used to be hi-tech companies pushing overweight designs.

jmdonald 04-09-2010 07:29 PM

My thoughts exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 239341)
Expensive bike, but perhaps worth the dough.

I'd love to see the new Multistrada matched up against the new Viffer on a sport touring jaunt. Throw in a Triumph Sprint ST for good measure, and I'll go get the popcorn ready!

The weight of the VFR and BMW bother me to no end.(Maybe it shoudn't) When you factor the cost of the Multi into the equation the Triumphs look a lot more appealing. I get the fact these bikes have features and technology that add to the cost so I have to ask myself do I really want it and is it worth the extra cash. Damn it's a challenge to find the perfect bike. Looks like I will need to revisit my I need at least four different bikes to cover all the bases theory.