Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 BMW K1300S vs Honda VFR1200F Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14939-2010-bmw-k1300s-vs-honda-vfr1200f-shootout.html)

seruzawa 04-25-2010 09:40 AM

The problem for Honda is going to be the fact that BMW dealers give test rides and Honda dealers don't. Plus the fact that the VFR is a lot uglier than the Beemer. I saw one last weekend when picking up some GL parts. Sheesh, pretty hideous with that funny angular bulgy styling. 16 large is a lot of money to spend on a bike that you might hate.

These bikes have reached a level where the power differences are immaterial. Rider fit has more meaning than the difference between 180 hp and 140 hp. All these bike will get you killed or arrested mos rikitik if you aren't competent..

Dr_Sprocket 04-25-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 240293)
Rider fit has more meaning than the difference between 180 hp and 140 hp. All these bike will get you killed or arrested mos rikitik if you aren't competent..

So true, on the point about rider fit. If you fit, you will be more comfortable, and you will rider better, safer without the discomfort present.

sarnali2 04-26-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 240303)
So true, on the point about rider fit. If you fit, you will be more comfortable, and you will rider better, safer without the discomfort present.

That's become the deciding factor in my motorcycle purchases these days. Not too worried about performance and handling anymore as i can ride around that but if I'm not comfortable on a bike I won't ride it.

Kenneth_Moore 04-26-2010 10:35 AM

The Vee is the most comfortable bike I ever rode, mine or anyone else's. Standard seating position with back almost straight, just a tiny lean forward, feet directly under. I had a buffeting problem with the OEM screen, but a Sport screen from MP Cycle took care of that. It's the bike I never want to get off of.

sarnali2 04-26-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 240354)
The Vee is the most comfortable bike I ever rode, mine or anyone else's. Standard seating position with back almost straight, just a tiny lean forward, feet directly under. I had a buffeting problem with the OEM screen, but a Sport screen from MP Cycle took care of that. It's the bike I never want to get off of.

I always liked them, I rode one of the first year 1000's and thought it was pretty cool. In fact as you may recall I'd be riding one now if the "salesman" had had an ounce of brains and recognized that a middle aged fat guy with money falling out his pockets was a sure thing while the little hottie in-store Barista with her nose in the air sadly was not....

The_AirHawk 04-26-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 240359)
I always liked them, I rode one of the first year 1000's and thought it was pretty cool. In fact as you may recall I'd be riding one now if the "salesman" had had an ounce of brains and recognized that a middle aged fat guy with money falling out his pockets was a sure thing while the little hottie in-store Barista with her nose in the air sadly was not....

Money is fleeting, dude - but an STD? That's something a man can keep forever - might even be able to pass it along to someone he loves........

Dr_Sprocket 04-26-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 240361)
Money is fleeting, dude - but an STD? That's something a man can keep forever - might even be able to pass it along to someone he loves........

Air_Hawk, you are one wiiiiild and craaaazy guy!

Kevin_Duke 04-27-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 240354)

And if you never get off it, then you don't have to look at it! ;)

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2010 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 240476)
And if you never get off it, then you don't have to look at it! ;)

This from a man with a duck on his head?

Kevin_Duke 04-29-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 240481)
This from a man with a duck on his head?

Yes. You'd find a peculiar lack of mirrors if you ever visited my lair!