Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Perfect day for a ride

The weather was gorgeous so I took the Benz with the H-D sticker in the window. Just kidding!

We had temps in the 80s yesterday so we rode east into the local mountains. We've had so much rain this year the hills are vibrant green and are covered in wild flowers. It really is amazing.

Just over 6000 ft elevation the temp was much cooler and above us, snow! The local snow hasn't melted yet so it makes for a surreal day with warm temps and flowers mixed in a blanket of snow.

Only in CA.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Glad you go out to enjoy it. One day last week I started in 70's and rode up to Mountain Lake Hotel (scene of Dirty Dancing) to see the snow covered mountains. It was a nice site to see.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I'm assuming CA is California, and not Canada .. is this SoCal? Lacalifusa? Or somewhere else?

It's supposed to be in the 70's by Thursday here in the Chicago area. First time this Spring.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I'm assuming CA is California, and not Canada .. is this SoCal? Lacalifusa? Or somewhere else?

It's supposed to be in the 70's by Thursday here in the Chicago area. First time this Spring.
I'm in the San Diego area.

The midwest is warming up and we're supposed to be 55 and raining on Thursday. Go Figure!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Great A story about driving a Benz on MO. What next? Threads about NASCAR?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Just over 6000 ft elevation the temp was much cooler and above us, snow! The local snow hasn't melted yet so it makes for a surreal day with warm temps and flowers mixed in a blanket of snow.

Only in CA.
Nope, you can do the same thing in Lebanon. When I was a kid and Dad worked in Saudi, we'd vacation in Beruit. You could go snow skiing in the morning and hit the beach in the afternoon.

How's that final drive holding up for you?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Little overcast in the ATL today. On Wednesday and after it will average in the middle 70s. I get to tune up the ZXR on Wednesday night. Hopefully I will be riding it by Thursday. So, how hard is it to get to the plugs on a ZRX? Seems I'll be lifting the tank. Woo Hoo! New toys are so much fun when you never owned one like it before. Kawasaki green! I don't have a matching helmet or jacket for that. Guess I'll shop for new Kawi gloves. BaHa!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Great! we had a couple of nice upper 60's days last week. Got to ride around in shirt sleeves and my 3/4 lid after work. Funny really, full 'stitch with fleece liners in the morning, shirt sleeves and jeans in the afternoon.

Of course it's back to 50 degrees, monsoon rain and high wind warnings/small craft advisories for inland waters now...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Great A story about driving a Benz on MO. What next? Threads about NASCAR?
It has a Harley sticker on the back dude!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

We took both bikes. I have a buddy that used to ride but doesn't own a bike now. I graciously let him ride the Ducati on the freeway while I cruised on the BMW.

Then when we got to the mountains I switched with him! The Golden Rule you know.

On the way back down 15, I noticed he was having so much fun on the Duc, I let him ride it all the way back to my house. He was wearing a dirt bike helmet and anything over 70 would practically rip his head off.