Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default So Cal riding environment horrible

We really only get 1 or 2 days a year that are any good for riding at all in Southern California. Did I mention how bad the roads are? No scenery no twisties no pavement. It's hell on earth just living here let alone being being forced to ride here.I live right next to the Ortega Hwy. Curvy, scenic,recently repaved how much more will I have to endure? I think I will run down to the local HD dealer and get a sticker for my G35's rear window. Maybe someone will see it and realize me for the non-poser I really am. Ride safe you guys. Good to see you all out there.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
We really only get 1 or 2 days a year that are any good for riding at all in Southern California. Did I mention how bad the roads are? No scenery no twisties no pavement. It's hell on earth just living here let alone being being forced to ride here.I live right next to the Ortega Hwy. Curvy, scenic,recently repaved how much more will I have to endure? I think I will run down to the local HD dealer and get a sticker for my G35's rear window. Maybe someone will see it and realize me for the non-poser I really am. Ride safe you guys. Good to see you all out there.
The Ortega is nicely repaved but there is so much damn traffic on that road it's useless. I rarely ride it unless I'm hitting Swallows for a beer.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
You don't have to engage in that BS to keep us from coming there. You can keep it all with my blessing.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You don't have to engage in that BS to keep us from coming there. You can keep it all with my blessing.
It's ok. They only allow one right wing wacko to live here and that's me.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default You are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The Ortega is nicely repaved but there is so much damn traffic on that road it's useless. I rarely ride it unless I'm hitting Swallows for a beer.
You have to hit it at the right times. Lucky for me I live close enough that if I go right to it on the weekend I can ride to the other side view Elsinore and get back with no traffic. I always go that way to get to Palm Springs. Sometimes during the week in the afternoon it can be enjoyable but not always.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #16
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default I am blessed

Quote:
If it wasn't for the good weather I can't say my wife or I would be here. The tax burden is punitive and the Orange County housewives can be a little tough to take. Growing up in Ohio I remeber how cold riding there can be so I am very appreciative of my good weather riding fortune. The State says its loosing people but My fear is the productive good folks are the ones leaving. Reading some of the weather comments in these forums I have to say I am humbled by what some other guys are riding in. I have had it to good for to long. Maybe the Government needs to take me down a peg or two.

Last edited by jmdonald : 03-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
If it wasn't for the good weather I can't say my wife or I would be here. The tax burden is punitive and the Orange County housewives can be a little tough to take. Growing up in Ohio I remeber how cold riding ther can be so I am very appreciative of my good weather riding fortune. The State says its loosing people but My fear is the productive good folks are the ones leaving. Reading some of the weather comments in these forums I have to say I am humbled by what some other guys are riding in. I have had it to good for to long. Maybe the Government needs to take me down a peg or two.
Spread your Wealth!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I Maybe the Government needs to take me down a peg or two.
Oh, they will they will.

I escaped LA in 1982 after being born there in 1948. I've never been sorry for one second. If it weren't for family I would never ever go back.

Much as I hate the winters here I'm willing to put up with it if it keeps the population small. 3 million people in a State over twice the size of Germany... woohoo!

Er... I mean.. man does this place suck. Wyoming and Idaho really suck too. You guys might like Colorado though. Go there. I hear Boulder is beautiful this time of year. We call it San Fransisco East.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Primary residence

Quote:
Oh, they will they will.
My wife is originally from New Mexico, Educated in Texas so the plan is to find a place outside the State as our Primary Residence and winter here. We both have a hard time dealing with winter weather. The last winter I spent in Ohio it was below 0 for a month. Never again. Being able to ride all year long is one of the things keeping me here. I'm not sure what the others are.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #20
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default If I could I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Spread your Wealth!
The weathers fine come on down Or out or up. Hell wtfo do I know