Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda CB1000R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14809-2010-honda-cb1000r-review.html)

Administrator 03-25-2010 01:49 PM

2010 Honda CB1000R Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda CB1000R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda CB1000R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 03-25-2010 08:16 PM

Sounds competent, well mannered, reliable, but with a 10,000 rpm redline and wee 36mm throttle bodies, less rowdy and fun than the new Z1000 or my 12,000 rpm redline 46mm throttle bodies top end rev master FZ1 for that matter.

Not a bad bike by any means, probably a very good one, but perhaps a bit too refined and polished for my taste - typical Honda.

Gimme a bit of cammy rude dog power delivery please. Just because I like my bikes naked does not mean I don't want to have fun. On the contrary...

Kenneth_Moore 03-26-2010 03:58 AM

stylishly futuristic without being an attack on the visual senses like Kawasaki’s new Z1000.

If the Z's styling is an attack on the visual senses, all I can say is: "Whip me again baby...it hurts so good."

longride 03-26-2010 04:43 AM

Another typical Honda half-effort bike. Instead of making something truly exciting and different, they made this. I'd be ashamed to send it here too.

Kenneth_Moore 03-26-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 238056)
Another typical Honda half-effort bike. Instead of making something truly exciting and different, they made this. I'd be ashamed to send it here too.

Be careful what you wish for. The last time they did that, we got the DN-01.

tripleripple 03-26-2010 05:57 AM

Wow, that's an ugly motorcycle. And what's the deal with stubby exhaust cans these last few years? Either put it on the side, or be Buellish and put it underneath. How hard is that? This half-assed stubby thing kinda sticking out is stupid.

seruzawa 03-26-2010 06:27 AM

Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 238057)

LR asked for something EXCITING and different. Not something BORING and different or REALLY REALLY STUPID AND UGLY and different.

longride 03-26-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 238057)

How about a new CBX??? I'm in! Too bad it will never happen. Instead we got an futuristcally styled scooter with an automatic trans for 15 grand.

seruzawa 03-26-2010 06:34 AM

It looks like the Big4 have done the near impossible. Make 160hp bikes boring. Yeah, I know these are technically brilliant bikes and lots of people are into them, but the I-4 literbikes have become yawners as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, of what street or road use is a bike that is horribly uncomfortable and gets the rider arrested and bike impounded in first gear? Can't take a passenger far. Can't ride over 1/2 hour if you are normal sized. Can't carry any groceries. Highest theft risk. Ridiculous insurance costs. Can't wring the engine out like you could a 500 or 650 without getting killed. Brilliant bike if you frequent the track. But very little upside for people who aren't narrowly focused on one riding style.

longride 03-26-2010 06:37 AM

I'm not sure any of the bikes are BORING, but they are all the SAME. And THAT is boring. DIFFERENT would be nice. V-6 anyone? I hear Beemer may be coming out with a 6 soon. Nice. At least they have some different ideas of late. Maybe that is why they are selling bikes. The Japanese fell into the same old trap as they did in the 80's by copying each other.