Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #31
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikehk View Post
After HD they are the second oldest continuously made motorcycle company. Starting in 1921
They also produced some breakthrough technologies, such as the first rear swingarm.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #32
bigjames
Premium Member

Default I want to like this bike...

I really do, my Granddad rode a Power Plus, the real one. Yep, it sure is pretty, but under all the chrome, pretty paint and dangly bits (that I loath) is the heart of an obsolete, but tarted up, Harley Evo engine and an after market transmission designed after a Harley too. The Power Plus was a snorting beast in its day, this is just a pretty cruiser that can shake filling out. Can get H-D's equivalent (I know because I just bought one) for half the money, is more functional, smoother riding, same brakes and so on with the same functionality and removable windsheild brackets (current HD version just pops right off and on). To me this is the ultimate poseur bike. Being a Harley rider as opposed to just an owner, sorry, posing just isn't for me... Do wish them luck and sure there are lots of folks with money just burning a hole in their pockets, and not wanting a Harley for various reasons, to buy all they can make...at least for a year or two. Me fervent request is that if these guys don't make it, Indian be left to rest in peace, finally. If they do make, well, cool...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #33
bigjames
Premium Member

and just a thought, having been an MO member since just about day one, would be nice if the alleged moderators would actually moderate and keep their loser right wing politics off of this. I have plenty of other stuff to read for political trash. Also would be helpful if the left wing losers would do the same. If your side lost the election, deal with it, you actually lost the last two also, won on a technicality called the Constitution (specifically the Electoral College). If they won, don't be like the other guys...gloating is ugly, remember? This will be my one and only political post in 9 years, sick of the whole mess. Motorcycles dammit, motorcycles...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjames View Post
and just a thought, having been an MO member since just about day one, would be nice if the alleged moderators would actually moderate and keep their loser right wing politics off of this. I have plenty of other stuff to read for political trash. Also would be helpful if the left wing losers would do the same. If your side lost the election, deal with it, you actually lost the last two also, won on a technicality called the Constitution (specifically the Electoral College). If they won, don't be like the other guys...gloating is ugly, remember? This will be my one and only political post in 9 years, sick of the whole mess. Motorcycles dammit, motorcycles...
Block the lounge. Or are you too much of a loser to figure it out?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #35
raw6464
Founding Member

Default Another shake and break MC.

Ya know why they stopped making Indians? Because they were a piece of crap and nobody bought them. And it looks like they're going to do it again. Who wants a bike that shakes so bad you can't ride it?

Last edited by raw6464 : 04-15-2010 at 08:26 PM.
raw6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Block the lounge. Or are you too much of a loser to figure it out?
I'm still chuckling over that technicality, The Constitution.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

My Grandfather rode a 1917 Indian Scout from Newport Kentucky to Santa Monica (known as Bay City back then) in 1919. The only problems he had were the fender rods breaking every few hundred miles, and one of the leaf springs broke on the rear suspention, but the bike made it all the way. It was a 45 cu.in. IOE (inlet over exhaust) motor with manual oiling (when you heard the rods start to clatter you pumped the oil pressure up some).

I've got pictures of him in St. Louis, right after being pulled out of a big muddy ditch by a team of horses. The roads were mostly crowned dirt roads with two big ditches on each side, for the water run-off, and when it rained he said you could count on sliding into the ditch, and having to pay a farmer two bits to pull you out with a team of horses, or mules. That was big business back then.

It would be nice to see Indian made again. After the Floyd Clymer debacle with those Royal Endfields (or where they Matchless'?) a nicely designed Chief with those big goofy fenders would be cool.

Or maybe a Kawasaki Drifter.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'm still chuckling over that technicality, The Constitution.
There are dozens of motorcycle sites. Every single one of them is in the hands of thread nazis. We run the only free speech site around and guess what? More complaints. Don't like the free speech atmosphere that has always been a feature at MO? Go elsewhere. Problem solved.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #39
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
There are dozens of motorcycle sites. Every single one of them is in the hands of thread nazis. We run the only free speech site around and guess what? More complaints. Don't like the free speech atmosphere that has always been a feature at MO? Go elsewhere. Problem solved.
Good god man. Now we'll have two ash plumes. Iceland and Seattle.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #40
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Good god man. Now we'll have two ash plumes. Iceland and Seattle.
You predicting a Class III Keyboard-Eruption from Mt. St. KPeckerhead sometime in the next few minutes?

As if THAT took a Geologist or Climatologist to predict..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 04-15-2010 at 10:57 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote