Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Indian Chief Vintage Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14782-2010-indian-chief-vintage-review.html)

BrowningBAR 03-24-2010 07:29 AM

It's a shame that Indian went in the direction of the upscale, expensive bike market.

They would be far more successful if they took the route of Triumph and built retro models within a price range that had a broader market.

BrowningBAR 03-24-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 237777)
Yeah, let's shed a tear for the poor rich guys who have to step down to a Harley CVO instead of getting the Chief! Never mind the 10-20 million Americans looking to find a full-time job. And thank goodness for Dub-yah taking great care of the banking industry! ;)

Yeah, um, Barney Frank says 'hi'.

longride 03-24-2010 07:46 AM

"It's not "America's First Motorcycle."

I know that. I was quoting the dopes in the article.

Buzglyd 03-24-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 237777)
Yeah, let's shed a tear for the poor rich guys who have to step down to a Harley CVO instead of getting the Chief! Never mind the 10-20 million Americans looking to find a full-time job. And thank goodness for Dub-yah taking great care of the banking industry! ;)

Fantastic use of the non-sequiter Kev.

Anyway, ask a few of those unemployed folks if they wish there were a few more rich people around right now.

My fee remains the same.

seruzawa 03-24-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 237797)
"It's not "America's First Motorcycle."

I know that. I was quoting the dopes in the article.

Ha! Not just the article. Indian is spamming the web with that nonsense.

Buzglyd 03-24-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 237801)
Ha! Not just the article. Indian is spamming the web with that nonsense.

I didn't know America's First Motocycle used a clone H-D engine and tranny.

sarnali2 03-24-2010 08:19 AM

"and while everything is new to these machines, the company consistently asserts itself as a bona fide producer of authentic American motorcycles and boasts of it's heritage"


"I've seen a Springfield Indian, I've ridden an Indian Chief, these sir are no authentic Indians" ......(with apologies)

seruzawa 03-24-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 237803)
"I've seen a real Indian, I've ridden an Indian Chief, these sir are no authentic Indians" ......(with apologies)

Actually, that is a good thing. Imagine trying to sell actual 1954 Indian Chiefs.

I'm not against the bikes and hope the company survives. They just need to knock off the misleading ads. It's going to bite them eventually.

longride 03-24-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 237802)
I didn't know America's First Motocycle used a clone H-D engine and tranny.

They did put the intake on the other side though!

longride 03-24-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 237800)
Fantastic use of the non-sequiter Kev.

Anyway, ask a few of those unemployed folks if they wish there were a few more rich people around right now.

My fee remains the same.

Aren't those rich guys the ones that....ahem.....hire people?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 AM.