Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda Shadow Phantom Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14695-2010-honda-shadow-phantom-review.html)

Administrator 03-15-2010 03:19 PM

2010 Honda Shadow Phantom Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda Shadow Phantom Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda Shadow Phantom Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 03-15-2010 03:42 PM

And the HawkGT motor just keeps chug-a-lug-a-luggin' along, all the while Honda has let the "time" for that particular bike come-around again, and then recede once-more into the distance........

F-bomb you, Honda. You are the Toyota of the Motorcycle Kingdom.

BTW: Good review, sorry the bike was so lame that it seemed you couldn't work up much enthusiasm for it. I'm positive it's an "adequate" bike, just nothing to get excited over. Like a Prius or Camry (or an Accord). I hope Honda sells a gajillion of them, then dies painfully and alone under an avalanche of the money.

longride 03-15-2010 05:09 PM

I wonder when Honda will get back into the business of making unique and ground-breaking motorcycles? Another 'dark custom'. How unique.

sarnali2 03-15-2010 05:14 PM

I wonder if all these noir aficionados including the new HD series know that the reason we used to paint everything black was that we couldn't afford anything else. When you pieced a bike together from used parts the chrome might be pitted or the fenders a different color from the tank....... A piece of sandpaper and a rattle can of krylon took care of all that. Now it's a "bold fashion statement"

sigh.......I feel old sometimes........

Dr_Sprocket 03-15-2010 05:50 PM

Way to NOT go, Honda!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 236980)
I wonder when Honda will get back into the business of making unique and ground-breaking motorcycles? Another 'dark custom'. How unique.

Let's see... for $6999 you can have the original and for a mere $1000 more (the same price as this Honda), you can have the original in a dark version. If you are going to copy the original, you'd better at least beat it on price or performance.

seruzawa 03-15-2010 08:29 PM

I'm sure not a cruiser guy. For $7K I could get a DL650 AND luggage. Or a Kwacker EN-6R and luggage. Or for $8K and change I could get a Bonneville. I just don't understand how these bikes can sell. I mean, it's fine if people like them and all. But I figure a bike like this, that is built almost fully amortized, should sell for about $5K tops. I guess it's that "Honda tax" for the "superior fit and finish" or whatever other delusional excuse drives Honda's pricing.

The_AirHawk 03-15-2010 09:44 PM

Some of the additional price is the strength of the Yen vs. the Dollar - Weak Yen = Cheap bikes for the U.S. - Strong = You want HOW F-BOMB'N MUCH for that thing?

BrowningBAR 03-16-2010 06:12 AM

It's good to see that with this fresh new design Honda has perfected their Harley cloning.

It's kind of a compliment. Previously, when they would try to copy HD the entire bike would look too thick and plastic looking. This one does not.

seruzawa 03-16-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 236997)
Some of the additional price is the strength of the Yen vs. the Dollar - Weak Yen = Cheap bikes for the U.S. - Strong = You want HOW F-BOMB'N MUCH for that thing?

Funny. I don't see the V-Strom or Versys pricing skyrocketing.

pplassm 03-16-2010 06:38 AM

Atually, I find the Honda more attractive that the current Sportsters. Hopefully, when I'm ready for one of either, there will be plentiful used examples about.