Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   anyone try this SS boot? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14623-anyone-try-ss-boot.html)

roadkill0000 03-05-2010 03:49 PM

anyone try this SS boot?

Speed and Strength company has a nice boot, may be new.

Speed and Strength - Motorcycle Apparel - Coast is Clear Boots

simple, black, waterproof, and decent price. I wanna make sure it holds up, but can't find any reviews on it.

If anyone has any info or opinions on speed and strength gear, let me know. Thanks! :D

mscuddy 03-05-2010 07:09 PM

Looks like something a Hobbit would wear.

The_AirHawk 03-05-2010 08:24 PM

Izzat some more O' them Girlie-Girl "Ugg" boots they're sellin' to all the fashionable sexually-ambiguous men this year?

Longride will take two pair............

Dr_Sprocket 03-06-2010 06:20 AM

What's the point?

I don't see the point of a shortie waterproof boot, unless your just riding on wet roads (not in the pouring down rain) where road spray is what you're worried about. If you ride in the rain, the water's going to get in from the top. Riding with wet feet stinks!

roadkill0000 03-06-2010 07:09 AM

looks like that one wasn't a hit... then what about this?

S-MX 2 Waterproof - Alpinestars Official Store

they are practically same thing. These I were originally going to get, but they are $60 more. Say w/e u want about looks, these look nice... but I never tried either of them on and used em.

sarnali2 03-06-2010 07:42 AM

Why do you want those shorty boots? if you're after waterproof or at least water resistant then you need something taller. If you just want shorty boots you can go to Union Boot Pro Store and get Made in USA work boots for less than that which will be more comfortable and last twice as long. Plus you get to support your country instead of some commie f*ck in China

roadkill0000 03-06-2010 09:09 PM

more comfortable when it gets warmer. something i can use all day and walk around in in comfort. has the protection that regular boots dont. easy zip on off. can ride into rain without stopping. motorcycle specific.

i figure that the top of those boots will be covered by my overpants. they look long enough for that, could be wrong thou. To me waring full boots all day just doesn't seem necessary or practical. those above look like a good compromise.

so theres a few reasons

Dr_Sprocket 03-07-2010 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadkill0000 (Post 236314)
more comfortable when it gets warmer. something i can use all day and walk around in in comfort. has the protection that regular boots dont. easy zip on off. can ride into rain without stopping. motorcycle specific.

i figure that the top of those boots will be covered by my overpants. they look long enough for that, could be wrong thou. To me waring full boots all day just doesn't seem necessary or practical. those above look like a good compromise.

so theres a few reasons

Good reasons. If you do get shortie boots, make sure to get ones that have decent soles that will be comfortable enough for walking.

James317 05-04-2010 01:51 AM

I dont like there collection.

seruzawa 05-04-2010 05:18 AM

IMO if you don't want to wear tall weatherproof boots you should wear a mesh style boot. That way the water will drain and not fill the boot. Your feet will dry much more quickly after the rain stops. Having your feet in waterproof boots that are filled with water would really suck.