Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Streetfighter Shootout: Kawasaki Z1000 vs. Triumph Speed Triple (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14528-2010-streetfighter-shootout-kawasaki-z1000-vs-triumph-speed-triple.html)

Administrator 02-26-2010 10:46 AM

2010 Streetfighter Shootout: Kawasaki Z1000 vs. Triumph Speed Triple

Original Article:
2010 Streetfighter Shootout: Kawasaki Z1000 vs. Triumph Speed Triple

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Streetfighter Shootout: Kawasaki Z1000 vs. Triumph Speed Triple in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

desertbilly 02-26-2010 11:29 AM

I realize it's $5k more, but how does the Monster 1100S fit in with this group? Less fine-edged performance, but more old-school curb appeal?

The S3 has always appealed to me, and I love the new red w/white stripe, but the Zed's styling has always been a deal-breaker to me. Especially those very-unfortunate exhausts. Does anyone really like those?

Kevin_Duke 02-26-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertbilly (Post 235688)
I realize it's $5k more, but how does the Monster 1100S fit in with this group? Less fine-edged performance, but more old-school curb appeal?

The S3 has always appealed to me, and I love the new red w/white stripe, but the Zed's styling has always been a deal-breaker to me. Especially those very-unfortunate exhausts. Does anyone really like those?

A standard Monster 1100 retails for just $12K. It's lighter and slightly more agile, but its air-cooled motor is in a different league.

The good thing about the Zed's mufflers is that they can be easily swapped to a set of slip-ons. I've got a set of Devil cans ready for a Z1000 long-termer...

Dr_Sprocket 02-26-2010 12:51 PM

Kenny made the pages!

Hey, look! KeMo made the pages! Mr. Moore, can I have your autograph?

Relating to the bikes reviewed, excellent vid of the bikes on the take-off shot! The exhaust note was clearly audible, without being overrun by music. Thanks, guys!

I like both of these bikes. The Trumpet is iconic. The Zed is new-school cool. Neither of them have the sex appeal of the Ducati Streetfighter. My mind says Triumph, my heart says Zed. Only prob is ten years from now, the Triumph will still look iconic while the Zed will look dated.

acecycleins 02-26-2010 01:13 PM

Ken's quote made the article for me. Still a Triumph fan til the end, though.

Buzglyd 02-26-2010 02:55 PM

European Sportbike?

You might wanna ask a Brit if they consider themselves European.

TwoTwenty 02-26-2010 03:03 PM

The Speed Triple SE looks sharp! I'd like to see that treatment on a Street Triple, along with some slightly lower bars.

jmdonald 02-26-2010 04:17 PM

Good Better Best Videos

I have always been a fan of the write ups but the videos are getting better. For some reason I have Kawasaki brand phobia but the video comments made me want one. The more reviews I read the more I realize the need of 3 or 4 bikes. Keep up the good work.

Kevin_Duke 02-26-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 235710)
I have always been a fan of the write ups but the videos are getting better. For some reason I have Kawasaki brand phobia but the video comments made me want one. The more reviews I read the more I realize the need of 3 or 4 bikes. Keep up the good work.

Nice to hear kudos about the videos, gang. Credit more experience and the creative mind of Fonzie.

sarnali2 02-26-2010 06:18 PM

Excellent, the Kawi also bested the Yamaha FZ1 in the latest Motorcycle Consumer News. I thought it looked cool in person too at the bike show, I'm glad to see the manufacturers keeping up with this class instead of always focusing on sportbikes and cruisers.