Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14492-2010-star-stratoliner-deluxe-review.html)

Administrator 02-23-2010 10:38 AM

2010 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review

Original Article:
2010 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 02-23-2010 11:21 AM

Pete, this looks like the perfect ride for Bike Week in Daytona! Lots of storage, good look for doing Main St. With the right pipes, it would even have that classic sound.

Nice review, I'm sure A Star Ride is going to love it!

MOKE1K 02-23-2010 12:16 PM

Saw the pictures, earlier this year. We customized one with hard bags from Corbin and a windscreen with fairing.

seruzawa 02-23-2010 12:20 PM

LOL! An air cooled, push rod operated relic. Who would buy that Harley-Davidson crap? Oh wait. It's a Yamaha. Nice bike......

Seriously, though, I like the art deco styling. Art deco is cool for retros. It looks like the Victory Vision should have looked.

A Star Ride 02-23-2010 01:24 PM

I like it, but I'm curious why Yamaha stopped the production of the Tour Deluxe, with a V-4 and then make the Stratoliner the "less dresed" tour/cruiser. Added with a front faring so, I'll assume more weight, more drag and only 2 cylinders to get ya down the road. I do like the engine compartment's symetery as compared to my 4 cyl, my engine looks "crooked". I never did like the 2 into 1 exhaust or the fork tube/tank railings, but they have grown on me & now the strat having hard bags, some accent rails on them would make it all come together.

I would still prefer the Venture over it due to the tour pack & larger motor (but I haven't compared the stats on the 2 engines), but I like the strat better then my Deluxe, but I'd want to put some touring pipes on it.

Kenneth_Moore 02-23-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 235353)
but I'd want to put some touring pipes on it.

What's a "touring pipe?"

Dr_Sprocket 02-23-2010 03:16 PM

IMHO, I thought it looks a little disconnected from the rear. That empty fairing with nothing on the dash and the tank mounted speedo just don't complete the bike. Looks like an afterthought add-on.

Buzglyd 02-23-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 235345)
LOL! An air cooled, push rod operated relic. Who would buy that Harley-Davidson crap? Oh wait. It's a Yamaha. Nice bike......

Seriously, though, I like the art deco styling. Art deco is cool for retros. It looks like the Victory Vision should have looked.

Actually, it's Art Nouveau.

Get yer snooty art descriptions right.

The_AirHawk 02-23-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 235377)
What's a "touring pipe?"

One you can use to smoke a bowl while on "Tour" - what else would it be?

newagetwotone 02-23-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 235377)
What's a "touring pipe?"

Probably something simple like a tapered Liverpool or a saddle billiard, something like this