Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Victory builds a nice bike, that's all I ever said. I didn't say they were the best bike for everyone or that my bike is the best bike."

WOW! I think that may be the biggest lie since 'the check is in the mail' Maybe you can check out just ONE of your post here Larry and figure out that ISN'T all you ever said.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #72
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
But more to point. You're the one that owns the freaking 62hp Harley! It's way past time you sold that POS you hate so much and bought one of those "powerful" cruisers you keep yagging about. You'll still be on a 1/2 ton barge and slower than a ratty 35 year old RD400 but at least you'd be happy for a change. And we wouldn't have to hear the same litany we've heard for the last 5 years. You need serious help man.
I just don't get the whole argument, HD versus everyone else. Just buy what you like and ride it. Period. It may be that many H-D bikes won't go 150 or 0-60 in 3 seconds. So what? They will go 100, which is enough to lose one's license anyway (especially in a school zone). Buy the style that fits your life and be comfortable with it, period. IMHO, 62hp is completely enough for most real-life situations. Ride it. (This was really directed at Anrajala's previous post.)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #73
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Most of us are passionate about our bikes, and thats what should make motorcyclists a strong community, not separate us into groups.
I love my bike, I know it isnt perfect but it met all the needs I had at the time I was in the market at the lowest price so I bought it and thats enough for me. Some of yall would've made the same decision, most of you probably wouldn't, and thats ok.
When I'm out riding I'll stop (unless on way to an appointment or work) I'll stop for any motorcycle to offer assistance if I think it's needed. I've stopped for older guys, new riders, Pagans & a few wrecks. I, fortunately haven't been stranded, but will someday & would rather think of the next bike on the horizon as help then a threat.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #74
pplassm
Founding Member

I thought this was the Star Stratoliner review.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #75
A Star Ride
Registered Member

It started out that way 3-4 days ago
Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #76
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I just don't get the whole argument, HD versus everyone else. Just buy what you like and ride it. Period. It may be that many H-D bikes won't go 150 or 0-60 in 3 seconds. So what? They will go 100, which is enough to lose one's license anyway (especially in a school zone). Buy the style that fits your life and be comfortable with it, period. IMHO, 62hp is completely enough for most real-life situations. Ride it. (This was really directed at Anrajala's previous post.)
1/4 mile times don't matter. Top speed doesn't matter. Weight doesn't matter. Handling doesn't matter. Looks don't matter. None of that matters. All that matters is that your bike puts a smile on YOUR face.

What especially doesn't matter is what other people are riding. Yeah. it's fun to talk about bikes. But your worth is not measured by what you own. It's what you accomplish. True personal worth is only determined by how well you can serve others. The constructive things one achieves. Owning a piece of machinery is immaterial. Anyone who thinks their possessions make them better than others has missed the boat. Such people deserve only pity.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #77
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
1/4 mile times don't matter. Top speed doesn't matter. Weight doesn't matter. Handling doesn't matter. Looks don't matter. None of that matters. All that matters is that your bike puts a smile on YOUR face.

What especially doesn't matter is what other people are riding. Yeah. it's fun to talk about bikes. But your worth is not measured by what you own. It's what you accomplish. True personal worth is only determined by how well you can serve others. The constructive things one achieves. Owning a piece of machinery is immaterial. Anyone who thinks their possessions make them better than others has missed the boat. Such people deserve only pity.
As always, the voice of reason. Nike had it right when they coined the phrase, "Just do it!"

Oh, the irony of one of my workmate's husband. I rode up to my friend's house on my old Nighthawk and her husband said, "Some guy just rode up on 'Jap crap.'" I asked him what he started on. He admitted, sheepishly, that it was an older Kawasaki Vulcan. I filed an "uh-huh" back in the back of my crawl. Irony is lost on most people.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #78
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Victory builds a nice bike, that's all I ever said. I didn't say they were the best bike for everyone or that my bike is the best bike."

WOW! I think that may be the biggest lie since 'the check is in the mail' Maybe you can check out just ONE of your post here Larry and figure out that ISN'T all you ever said.
Put up or shut up. Your evidence? Should be as simple as a copy & paste, right?
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #79
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Put up or shut up. Your evidence? Should be as simple as a copy & paste, right?
"People who ride the short bus do not become brain surgeons by weight of numbers. If a million people ride the short bus, that just means there's a million retards."

Everyone knows who and what you were referring to. So there's a bit of evidence that you didn't really say you just think Victory makes a good motorcycle. So now you can shut up. Oh yeah, I think your bike sucks. Not Victorys in general though. Just yours.