Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #51
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Cross dressers? Freudian slip perhaps, longride?
It's called humor. Everyone can stop te-he-ing all over themselves.
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #52
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
It's called humor. Everyone can stop te-he-ing all over themselves.
It's called a "Long-time Troll". VS. yourself at only a "Short-time Troll" status.

Me? I'm just an Idiot. And don't you Fsckin' Forget it, either!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #53
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Can I still be a member of the Victory Cross Dressers club that you are the Prez of?
When you can't refute what the guy is saying, just attack the guy... typical.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #54
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I wonder what it is like to have your existence defined in relationship to Harley-Davidson. These clowns can't shut up about it. Their entire lives are evaluated in relationship to the Motor Company.

Like the people who buy .40 S&W pistols and then spend the rest of their lives comparing it to the .45. "Better than!" "As good as!"

Why not get the real thing since they are entirely consumed by it anyhow? Or is it a much darker discreditable psychopathy... the need to degrade others in order to make one feel better about oneself?
No one is degrading any bike. The point was that HD WOULD HAVE BEEN the natural comparison... but now HD isn't even in the hunt.

Look who's feelings are hurt? Certainly not mine.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #55
anrajala
Founding Member

Default How do you shorten "analogy"?

Quote:
I wonder what it is like to have your existence defined in relationship to Harley-Davidson. These clowns can't shut up about it. Their entire lives are evaluated in relationship to the Motor Company.

Like the people who buy .40 S&W pistols and then spend the rest of their lives comparing it to the .45. "Better than!" "As good as!"

Why not get the real thing since they are entirely consumed by it anyhow? Or is it a much darker discreditable psychopathy... the need to degrade others in order to make one feel better about oneself?
I'm sorry to say but your analogy works like a dead prostitute in the trunk of a Lada.

I in fact bought the "original". Which turned out to that .40 S&W immediately when real .45s entered the market. Nowadays its more like .38. And surely even you must get that I am not saying "Better than!" or even "as good as". After all these goddam years, Seruzawa, you haven't really understood a lot.

And I am not degrading others either, I am one of the others. I am not degrading my own bike. But I am waging a one-person campaign to get my motorcycle company to start producing .45s (or better yet .44 Magnums, or even better .50 Desert Eagles). And not get embarasingly butt-reamed in the power department whenever any old snowmobile manufacturer happens to enter the market just because some well heeled dudes had one drink too many in Minnesota.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #56
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
The truth of the matter is as you've said. Ten years from now the Harley will have lost little of it's value, while the Victory and Yamastar will be worth a 1/4 of their purchase price at best. At least the Yamaha will have some measure of support, the Victory will be another in a long line of defunct motorcycles with narrow appeal and issues in finding parts or any kind of support.
Any new word on the health of Victory? I think I remember a statement last fall that basically said "all is well".

I, for one, hope Victory doesn't go out of business. Neither should any reasonble Harley-loving dude (or dudette). Competition breeds innovation and progress. Look how long it took Harley to upgrade their chassis. Some competition, any competition, is better than no competition.

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 03-01-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I'm sorry to say but your analogy works like a dead prostitute in the trunk of a Lada.

I in fact bought the "original". Which turned out to that .40 S&W immediately when real .45s entered the market. Nowadays its more like .38. And surely even you must get that I am not saying "Better than!" or even "as good as". After all these goddam years, Seruzawa, you haven't really understood a lot.

And I am not degrading others either, I am one of the others. I am not degrading my own bike. But I am waging a one-person campaign to get my motorcycle company to start producing .45s (or better yet .44 Magnums, or even better .50 Desert Eagles). And not get embarasingly butt-reamed in the power department whenever any old snowmobile manufacturer happens to enter the market just because some well heeled dudes had one drink too many in Minnesota.

- cruiz-euro
You should try taking your campaign to Harley, not MO. Everyone is sick of it.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:

5 years later:
HD - $14K
Victory - $7K
Any Yamaha - $5K.
In recent years the resale of HDs has gone backward at an alarming rate. It will be interesting to see what happens in 5 years. Cycletrader is full of low mileage Harleys, cheap.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #59
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
\If one is satisfied with ones purchase why the need for constant reassurance that said purchased item is "the best"? In such a subjective argument as "which motorcycle is best" why the constant insatiable need to gain validation of ones own opinion when there are as many opinions as there are motorcycles

I knew that High School psychology class would turn out to be a good investment ...............
If it was a good investment, you'd know that it's human nature to justify their opinions and decisions. That's what people do.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #60
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
If it was a good investment, you'd know that it's human nature to justify their opinions and decisions. That's what people do.

Human nature and sound financial planning. A clever person will review every scrap of information he/she can before a major purchase to justify or rationalize to themselves that the purchase is the correct one. However slavishly interjecting that their opinion or purchase be it a motorcycle. car, pistola is the correct and only one is a classic symptom of insecurity.

For example, I, being a reasonably well balanced individual don't need constant validation of my decisions, I made the purchase I felt best fit my needs as a motorcyclist and don't really give a flying sh*t what anyone thinks of it. I realize that Harleys are a lightening rod in that they engender strong opinions pro and con amongst some people, I however don't see it that way. a bike is a tool, for me the FLHT was and is the best tool for the job. Simple as that, if another bike had worked better I'd have bought it instead.

I've been doing this for over 40 years, I'm way past he need for other people to approve of my bike.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote