Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14492-2010-star-stratoliner-deluxe-review.html)

A Star Ride 02-23-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 235377)
What's a "touring pipe?"

In my opinion long, straight low pipes, more out of the way then typical & longer too for (posably) a quieter ride.

A Star Ride 02-23-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 235380)
IMHO, I thought it looks a little disconnected from the rear. That empty fairing with nothing on the dash and the tank mounted speedo just don't complete the bike. Looks like an afterthought add-on.

When I see tank speedo & faring, I think aftermarket, and no real radio, which I credit the for because I'd rather have an MP3 mount & on board speakers then a car radio mounted in the faring. I never understood why the tourers typically had car sized dash radios.

seruzawa 02-23-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 235381)
Actually, it's Art Nouveau.

Get yer snooty art descriptions right.

Ha! You don't know Deco from Dada.

silentgrayfellow 02-23-2010 06:19 PM

I like this bike, along with the other Stratoliners. But I'd like them more if they knocked a few thousand $$$ off the price.

seruzawa 02-23-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow (Post 235400)
I like this bike, along with the other Stratoliners. But I'd like them more if they knocked a few thousand $$$ off the price.

At least Harley is pleased about the Japanese cruiser pricing.

A Star Ride 02-23-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow (Post 235400)

The pricing is crazy, no dobut, seems the imports are going up as HD comes down, they may meet half way, who knows, I buy used, dont think I'll ever buy a new car or bike again.

sarnali2 02-24-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 235393)
Ha! You don't know Deco from Dada.

Sorry, his karma ran over your dogma....

I used to use a cheapo corn cob pipe when touring, that way it wouldn't bother me to toss it in the weeds if necessary...

seruzawa 02-24-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 235440)
Sorry, his karma ran over your dogma....

I used to use a cheapo corn cob pipe when touring, that way it wouldn't bother me to toss it in the weeds if necessary...

So... you think it's Art Nouveau too, eh?

Heh heh....

sarnali2 02-24-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 235445)
So... you think it's Art Nouveau too, eh?

Heh heh....

Not at all, I was think more Albert Speer / Berliner Bauhaus...

Matt7even 02-24-2010 03:47 PM

I think the Deluxe has a lot going for it. Best in class engine (just my 2 cents), good handling (although the beach bars were a little awkward for me as well), and in my opinion the best looking Strat yet. Although I think it is fair to say that this is a cruiser in a touring bike's clothing. Witch isn't really a bad thing. If I was going to take a weekend trip I think the Deluxe would be a top choice but any longer then that I start to miss the cruise control, overdrive gear & extra audio options etc. The Deluxe's biggest weekness though besides it's fuel capacity is it's price. I've seen photos taken at recent bike expos of the inside of the hard bags and fairing and they seem rather flimsily (is that a word?) constructed. I might be willing to over look that if I were paying at least a grand less but $17,500 is getting up into the tourer range and for a few hundred more I can get a Victory Cross Country. Although I predict that the Strat Deluxe is only intended to be a temporary model to help fill the void left by the discontinued Royal Star Deluxe untill Yamaha updates it's touring line. But only time will tell.