Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I couldnt possibly teach you anything,... you already know everything!
At least you figured SOMETHING out!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #32
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Oh Iv figured out more than you think,...George!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Oh Iv figured out more than you think,...George!
Some people call him George. And some people call him Bigfoot. If you ever see a photo of him on his Harley you'll see why.

As a hint, well, the Japanese won't issue him a visa to visit Tokyo. It still hasn't recovered from Godzilla's last visit.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Oh Iv figured out more than you think,...George!
Dude, everyone here knows my first name. It's been in about 10 different articles I wrote here. I'm sure you ain't THAT slow right??
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #35
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Nice,...lol!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Nice,...lol!
My last name is on the articles too. Just think, you will know my WHOLE NAME!!!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #37
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool Never knew it George.

You think I read your articles?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #38
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

If you are "bored" on a 650 street bike.... i dont know what to say other than this sounds more like a troll post or an "i need a penis replacement" post than something serious.

First off, the 650 is (probably) a two-cylinder bike. the 1000 is a I4. Do you understand that a 600 I4 will put out more power than a 650 twin? AND that they will put out power differently as well. You are talking about taking someone whos driven a Ford Tempo and shoving them into a Porsche GT3 and say "oh youll be fine!"

IF you want more power, a 1000cc I4 is NOT what you should look at, either look at a 600cc I4 (CB600/ZX-6) or the triumph street triple 675 Three cylinder or something like a 1000cc twin like The Ducati Monster 1000 or Buell XB-12 series. (yea i know they are out of business but the bikes still exist)

I will also stand by the statement that statement to buy used especially first. You can get a couple year old version of all of the above bikes. It will be cheaper, so will your insurance.

By the way, did you say the insurance quote you got was $165 a month? holy hell. Thats expensive!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #39
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
If you are "bored" on a 650 street bike.... i dont know what to say other than this sounds more like a troll post or an "i need a penis replacement" post than something serious.

First off, the 650 is (probably) a two-cylinder bike. the 1000 is a I4. Do you understand that a 600 I4 will put out more power than a 650 twin? AND that they will put out power differently as well. You are talking about taking someone whos driven a Ford Tempo and shoving them into a Porsche GT3 and say "oh youll be fine!"

IF you want more power, a 1000cc I4 is NOT what you should look at, either look at a 600cc I4 (CB600/ZX-6) or the triumph street triple 675 Three cylinder or something like a 1000cc twin like The Ducati Monster 1000 or Buell XB-12 series. (yea i know they are out of business but the bikes still exist)

I will also stand by the statement that statement to buy used especially first. You can get a couple year old version of all of the above bikes. It will be cheaper, so will your insurance.

By the way, did you say the insurance quote you got was $165 a month? holy hell. Thats expensive!
Expensive? Hell man, that's CHEAP! When I was 19, the reason I didn't buy that FZR400 was because the Insurance company wanted $370 a month (for a Frikken 400!). This was 1990, and that was essentially the entire cost of the bike... per year.....
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 02-21-2010 at 02:46 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Expensive? Hell man, that's CHEAP! When I was 19, the reason I didn't buy that FZR400 was because the Insurance company wanted $370 a month (for a Frikken 400!). This was 1990, and that was essentially the entire cost of the bike... per year.....
My insurance agent lists a sportbike with a driver under 21 @ $6000 per year.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off