Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Insurance

Reality Check! You're not getting beat up. You have unusually high liability limits. I suspect that this is because you have a personal liability umbrella policy. My only suggestion is to put the collision coverage deductible at $1000. I wager to bet that you are a somewhat financially responsible? You can afford that grand if you wreck your bike- right?
Now- who would I put the bikes with: American Modern Insurance Group. They had a moratorium last season because of excessive losses in the state, but those come and go in the business. They may be ready to write new business this season. 800-543-2644
Next would be Dairyland Insurance- but the Tuono may be stuck in a high performance catagory with them- 800-532-2525
Last would be US Services in Jacksonville- 800-874-1738. They place bikes oddly in this company but the customer service will be a first name basis. Great gals- Ken's bike is insured with them and he's happy.
If you need more advice just send me a note.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Reality Check! You're not getting beat up. You have unusually high liability limits. I suspect that this is because you have a personal liability umbrella policy. My only suggestion is to put the collision coverage deductible at $1000. I wager to bet that you are a somewhat financially responsible? You can afford that grand if you wreck your bike- right?
Now- who would I put the bikes with: American Modern Insurance Group. They had a moratorium last season because of excessive losses in the state, but those come and go in the business. They may be ready to write new business this season. 800-543-2644
Next would be Dairyland Insurance- but the Tuono may be stuck in a high performance catagory with them- 800-532-2525
Last would be US Services in Jacksonville- 800-874-1738. They place bikes oddly in this company but the customer service will be a first name basis. Great gals- Ken's bike is insured with them and he's happy.
If you need more advice just send me a note.
We were waiting on you, diddnt know if you were out peddliin' cigars or something.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

I use Markel American. I have on the policy:

2000 ZRX1100
1980 GL1100
1994 Riva125
2007 Tiger 1050.

Altogether including road side assistance on all bikes and full coverage on the Tiger = $550 per year.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Bike-Line does alright (Markel's e biz). I hear that Guide One is trying to get back into the bike biz, too. But the ones I listed have money and AM Best ranking that make them solid performers in the insurance world. In GA I'd be able to insure his bikes for the middle $400 range. I didn't renew the FL license this year because Ken and four others are my only customers from the state right now. Didn't see a reason to spend the fees.