Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #31
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
But of course.

Seru and I agree on motorycle genres...what next, dogs living with cats?
So,...you don't have the 1000cc? Rats!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #32
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
So,...you don't have the 1000cc? Rats!
Yes Moke, I do have the 1000. That's what "but of course" meant.

I rode my friends 650 VStrom. To have so many shared components, it feels like a totally different bike, and not all bad either. When you downgrade the L 90 engine to 650 it becomes "silky smooth." Slow as a turd, but smooooooth.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #33
pushrod
Founding Member

Seru,

Nice bike!

Is it new, or 'gently used?'

Spring for the Arrow (or TBR, etc) pipe, and after the re-map you'll have a bike that sings as good as it runs! About 5500 rpm will make your neck hair stand on end!

Everyone complains about the soft front, but if you're less than 180, you should be fine.

Make sure you go to the Triumph site and register for RAT ( Triumph - Riders Association )Triumph Motorcycles - Page Not Found (404)[/url]. You'll get a very nice coffee table magazine a couple times a year. And it's free!

Congratulations on the new bike!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #34
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Enjoy it Seruzawa, and post pics when you get a chance.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Seru,

Nice bike!

Is it new, or 'gently used?'

Spring for the Arrow (or TBR, etc) pipe, and after the re-map you'll have a bike that sings as good as it runs! About 5500 rpm will make your neck hair stand on end!

Everyone complains about the soft front, but if you're less than 180, you should be fine.

Make sure you go to the Triumph site and register for RAT ( Triumph - Riders Association )Triumph Motorcycles - Page Not Found (404)[/url]. You'll get a very nice coffee table magazine a couple times a year. And it's free!

Congratulations on the new bike!
It's a 2007 demonstrator. Had 500 miles on it, so they did the initial service and I'm good until 6K. Got the full factory warranty too. Seems flawless so far. Front end suspension is fine as far as I can tell but if necessary new springs aren't a difficult job. It's not like I haven't done springs before.

I already got on RAT. Read some of the bytching about the Tiger's lack of dirtability. LOL! As if any bike that weighs over even 300 lbs has any dirtability.

Powerwise I'm very happy with it. It's not exactly deprived in stock form. But I might eventually go for the S3 power upgrade just to tease Moke.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #36
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

They tend to stifle them quit a bit. Not so bad on the Trophy because it had power to spare and stock sounded OK. On my T100 it was just too quite so I went with the Triumph Off Road pipes or TOR's. That came with a jet kit, I also added a Norman Hyde Intake bell mouth in place of the stock snorkel which opened the bike up nicely really bringing out the traditional 360 degree firing order.

None of which applies to your fuel injected triple of course, except for the TOR's maybe but a decent can on their will make a difference.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 02-15-2010 at 08:56 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
They tend to stifle them quit a bit. Not so bad on the Trophy because it had power to spare and stock sounded OK. On my T100 it was just too quite so I went with the Triumph Off Road pipes or TOR's. That came with a jet kit, I also added a Norman Hyde Intake bell mouth in place of the stock snorkel which opened the bike up nicely really bringing out the traditional 360 degree firing order.

None of which applies to your fuel injected triple of course, except for the TOR's maybe but a decent can on their will make a difference.
On the Rat there's a link to all the stuff you need. Triumph will even give you the S3 map for free. But, as I said, the Tiger is no slouch as is. And frankly I don't like a loud touring bike. It's just too fatiguing and fatigue is the number one cause of touring crashes. If I could find a free flowing quiet can that will fit in the space maybe I'll do it. But I'm pretty happy with the performance as is.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #38
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
On the Rat there's a link to all the stuff you need. Triumph will even give you the S3 map for free. But, as I said, the Tiger is no slouch as is. And frankly I don't like a loud touring bike. It's just too fatiguing and fatigue is the number one cause of touring crashes. If I could find a free flowing quiet can that will fit in the space maybe I'll do it. But I'm pretty happy with the performance as is.

Yeah they're fine as is, I mentioned the TOR's because they're fairly quiet as performance pipes go. Same with the Police D&D's on my FLHT, increased flow without being overly loud. Seems to run better specially at higher throttle openings where the stock pipe where just strangled. That said I'd go back to the stockers with no regrets if I had to since I didn't change anything else, the bike also ran fine with them.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #39
pushrod
Founding Member

Seru,

The Arrow pipe is not obnoxious. A nice mellow tone until you let it rip.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #40
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Seru,

The Arrow pipe is not obnoxious. A nice mellow tone until you let it rip.
I agree. Totally not heinous. They can get a little loud at WOT, but much less than, say, Termingnoni.