Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14362-2010-aprilia-mana-850-gt-abs-review.html)

Administrator 02-12-2010 10:14 AM

2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS Review

Original Article:
2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Rubble 02-12-2010 10:25 AM

Cut the scooter references out and just call it what it is - an automatic motorcycle.

Dr_Sprocket 02-12-2010 10:45 AM

Those Kalifornia law makers really know how to eff-up a motorcycle. That can hanging out on the right side of the bike is an abomination!

One suggestion going forward, MO: I'd like to hear information on the maintenance intervals and/or service costs. This is often overlooked. I realized how important that factor was when chosing my Uly over the Ducati Multi, after answering a Buell follow-up survey a couple of months back. Just my $0.02.

Kenneth_Moore 02-12-2010 10:46 AM

Did they mount the Givi bags backwards on purpose? Wierdest thing I ever saw.

I thought noobs and scooter graduates were going to buy the new VFR 1200 automatic.

Kevin_Duke 02-15-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 234366)
Those Kalifornia law makers really know how to eff-up a motorcycle. That can hanging out on the right side of the bike is an abomination!

One suggestion going forward, MO: I'd like to hear information on the maintenance intervals and/or service costs. This is often overlooked. I realized how important that factor was when chosing my Uly over the Ducati Multi, after answering a Buell follow-up survey a couple of months back. Just my $0.02.

The good thing about the evap can is that an owner can easily toss it in the s#@t can! Service costs? We don't pay anything! 8-)

Dr_Sprocket 02-15-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 234606)
The good thing about the evap can is that an owner can easily toss it in the s#@t can! Service costs? We don't pay anything! 8-)

Will the "Green Police" pull you over and give you a ticket if you don't have the can installed? I bet, in Cali, they would.

mugwump58 02-15-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 234608)
Will the "Green Police" pull you over and give you a ticket if you don't have the can installed? I bet, in Cali, they would.

Before I gave up my inspectors license I knew all the rules. In NY any motor vehicle without the factory installed devices present wouldn't pass inspection, effectively prohibiting you from legal operation. I think now they actually have to work, at least enough for the engine light not to come on or have recently been reset.

Kevin_Duke 02-15-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 234608)

I think it would be highly unlikely a SoCal cop would bust you for that. It's too easy for them to make money handing out speeding and loud exhaust tickets to bother caring about that. That said, I wouldn't rule out that there's some ****head who would. Vehicle inspections, that's another story. But for that, the evap can can be reinstalled.