Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Moriwaki MD250H vs Aprilia RS125 Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14302-moriwaki-md250h-vs-aprilia-rs125-shootout.html)

Administrator 02-05-2010 01:44 PM

Moriwaki MD250H vs Aprilia RS125 Shootout

Original Article:
Moriwaki MD250H vs Aprilia RS125 Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Moriwaki MD250H vs Aprilia RS125 Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

MOKE1K 02-05-2010 02:33 PM

Great article, These smaller bike's are probably the funnest type of bike to ride. Specially at the track. I'v only managed as small as a Two Stroke 250, but have put some time in on a Aprilia RS50. It's always funnier to ride a bike that you have more talent then the bike has.

sliphorn 02-05-2010 02:47 PM

These bikes are cool as hell. Gotta love 'em. Thanks for the article.

Kevin_Duke 02-05-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 233763)
Great article, These smaller bike's are probably the funnest type of bike to ride. Specially at the track. I'v only managed as small as a Two Stroke 250, but have put some time in on a Aprilia RS50. It's always funnier to ride a bike that you have more talent then the bike has.

You understand, MOKE. Too bad more riders rarely have a chance to ride bikes like this - they're just not really on the radar of streetbike riders. Glad you enjoyed reading it!

Kevin_Duke 02-05-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliphorn (Post 233766)
These bikes are cool as hell. Gotta love 'em. Thanks for the article.

Glad to take you on a virtual ride!

longride 02-05-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 233768)
You understand, MOKE. Too bad more riders rarely have a chance to ride bikes like this - they're just not really on the radar of streetbike riders. Glad you enjoyed reading it!

I always make it a point not to ride bikes that weigh less than I do! :) They do look like fun though!

Duken4evr 02-05-2010 09:06 PM

Kind of along this line, the MX 450cc GP bike conversions sure look fun as hell. A guy could build one for about the same price as the MD 250 too...

MOKE1K 02-06-2010 08:16 AM

Thanks Kevin, I would love to get the chance to interview the Moriwaki, just to see how they compair to even the race 125's. Gotta be exciting as you said to just keep it pinned down the straight as you pass everyone else while their breaking.

bagha 02-06-2010 09:26 AM

Now add a stock Ninja 250 in there ....

That was a very good article. I would love to know how a bike that is actually available to me compares to these ...

Thanks

Kevin_Duke 02-06-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 233838)
That was a very good article. I would love to know how a bike that is actually available to me compares to these ...

Thanks

It would've been interesting to have the Ninjette out there for reference, but it surely would be much slower than the Moriwaki. It has less power and nearly 170 lbs extra weight, not to mention inferior suspension and brakes.

It would've been fun to see the back and forth between the RS125 and the Ninja, as they have offsetting attributes in power vs handling/braking.

Both the Aprilia and Moriwaki are available at dealers, tho the MD250H only at select Honda dealers.