Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Icon Operator Gear Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14262-icon-operator-gear-review.html)

Administrator 02-01-2010 10:52 AM

Icon Operator Gear Review

Original Article:
Icon Operator Gear Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Icon Operator Gear Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 02-01-2010 11:55 AM

Informative, concise review. The Operator stuff looks neat - but I still don't like the idea of camo as moto-gear. Bad enough me wearin' black and yellow with reflectives.

acecycleins 02-01-2010 12:19 PM

Not just Camo. Pixilated Camo.

Dr_Sprocket 02-01-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 233422)
Not just Camo. Pixilated Camo.

That's the new stuff.

Is it just me? I find it a bit disrespectful to wear clothing that looks like military uniform garb, when one is actually not in the military. I must be getting old. Time to go stamp out that bag of flaming dog poop on my front step. D@mn kids!

acecycleins 02-01-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 233433)
That's the new stuff.

Is it just me? I find it a bit disrespectful to wear clothing that looks like military uniform garb, when one is actually not in the military. I must be getting old. Time to go stamp out that bag of flaming dog poop on my front step. D@mn kids!

I have no issue with Camo on others. Duck hunters come to mind.

The_AirHawk 02-01-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

That's the new stuff.

I've got a few old Desert Camo light-jackets that I wear at work in the Winter and as welding shirts - given to me by a friend who DID serve in the Desert (Iraq). He didn't seem to mind me havin 'em, so I wear 'em. They're durable, lightweight, fairly spark-resistant, and were Free.

HOWEVER, they've been "debadged" and have no external identifying marks, and I don't go-around acting as if I was in the Military or some-such shyte.

I don't see any Disrespect, so long as your intent is Respectful.

pplassm 02-02-2010 05:12 AM

You all have my permission to wear this stuff.

I pardon you........

seruzawa 02-02-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

That's the new stuff.

Well, then get the US Govt to stop selling the stuff!

Dr_Sprocket 02-02-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 233484)
Well, then get the US Govt to stop selling the stuff!

I don't have a problem with anyone wearing surplus military gear. Wear your BDU jacket, or your winter boots. Just don't wear the helmet, jacket and gloves all at the same time in a vain attempt at looking "stylish" or militaristic. It's like Janet Jackson in that video where all the guys were wearing military-like uniforms. Not good.

cloud9 02-03-2010 06:41 AM

I see this being popular with the veterans that return from the current war. Since they're so many riding sport bikes without gear, giving them something that instantly reflects gear they wore overseas may invoke a purchase or two.