Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Kevin, I for one would like you to stop publishing the racing articles. Every time I read one, I start looking at the budget trying to figure out how to afford an SV650 and the kit required to go racing!

Seriously, it adds a lot to the site to have an editor in chief who is out on the track racing. Obviously not everyone who rides is in to racing, but like cars, boats, etc., racing is the leading (or bleeding) edge. It's all about credibility, for you, and the site, not only among the spectators and readers, but the industry people who participate as well.

What are your plans for Daytona? Going to be on the track in March? Let me know; I can arrange accomodations for you in nearby Cocoa Beach.
Thanks for your perspective, KM. Not sure about Daytona yet, although I can say that it's highly unlikely I will race. I'll keep your lodging invite in mind!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
User Name
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Excellent article, well written. Sucked in the reader until the very end. You may have finished 4th but this article finished 1st.
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Excellent article, well written. Sucked in the reader until the very end. You may have finished 4th but this article finished 1st.
Nice compliment, UN - thanks! Keep 'em coming. Writers have such fragile egos!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 722
Default

I agree Kevin - excellent article. I really liked the details about every aspect of your riding experience and the challenges your team faced. Print mags just can't do this. Keep 'em coming!

You know what would be cool? An MO extreme off road trail ride bashfest. Smashed radiators, trailside zip tie fixes, running out of gas, altitude sickness at 12,000 feet. Come on up to Colorado. My old friends from SoCal came up this fall with their WR and TE 450s and they were babbling idiots by the end of the week. Now that could be the making of a fine article. I am sure there are some cool KTM or Husky fuel injected 450s you need help evaluating in rough terrain and at high elevation right?
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I agree Kevin - excellent article. I really liked the details about every aspect of your riding experience and the challenges your team faced. Print mags just can't do this. Keep 'em coming!

You know what would be cool? An MO extreme off road trail ride bashfest. Smashed radiators, trailside zip tie fixes, running out of gas, altitude sickness at 12,000 feet. Come on up to Colorado. My old friends from SoCal came up this fall with their WR and TE 450s and they were babbling idiots by the end of the week. Now that could be the making of a fine article. I am sure there are some cool KTM or Husky fuel injected 450s you need help evaluating in rough terrain and at high elevation right?
Glad you liked it, Duken. Some internet experts contend that all web articles should be short. I think that true enthusiasts want to learn all they can and will take the time to read long articles if they are of good quality.

Your idea for a bashfest would make for a good story, and I'd love to do some mountain testing in Colo (I used to live in Denver). However, the owners of the bikes (OEMs: provider of free bikes and ad dollars) might not like bent and scratched bikes as much.

If this is the kind of article you'd like to read, here's an epic tale I wrote about a few years ago: 2006 Adventure Touring Comparo - Touring Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
fonzie
Contributing Staff

 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On the road...
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Your idea for a bashfest would make for a good story...

If this is the kind of article you'd like to read, here's an epic tale I wrote about a few years ago
Too bad I couldn't share the Panama tour with you guys! I'll make it up to you by being there in the fall. I've jeeped Colorado, but have yet to ride it.... this is the year! Send details

In the meantime, you can read about this guys latest epic ride over here: http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs...ssue3_2009.pdf

Note: its a PDF.
-fonz
__________________
-- MotoInsider.com
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off