Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   MO Goes AMA Roadracing: Part 2 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14159-mo-goes-ama-roadracing-part-2-a.html)

Kevin_Duke 01-20-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 232587)
Kevin, I for one would like you to stop publishing the racing articles. Every time I read one, I start looking at the budget trying to figure out how to afford an SV650 and the kit required to go racing!

Seriously, it adds a lot to the site to have an editor in chief who is out on the track racing. Obviously not everyone who rides is in to racing, but like cars, boats, etc., racing is the leading (or bleeding) edge. It's all about credibility, for you, and the site, not only among the spectators and readers, but the industry people who participate as well.

What are your plans for Daytona? Going to be on the track in March? Let me know; I can arrange accomodations for you in nearby Cocoa Beach.

Thanks for your perspective, KM. Not sure about Daytona yet, although I can say that it's highly unlikely I will race. I'll keep your lodging invite in mind!

User Name 01-21-2010 01:13 AM

Excellent article, well written. Sucked in the reader until the very end. You may have finished 4th but this article finished 1st.

Kevin_Duke 01-21-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 232627)
Excellent article, well written. Sucked in the reader until the very end. You may have finished 4th but this article finished 1st.

Nice compliment, UN - thanks! Keep 'em coming. Writers have such fragile egos!

Duken4evr 01-23-2010 09:40 PM

I agree Kevin - excellent article. I really liked the details about every aspect of your riding experience and the challenges your team faced. Print mags just can't do this. Keep 'em coming!

You know what would be cool? An MO extreme off road trail ride bashfest. Smashed radiators, trailside zip tie fixes, running out of gas, altitude sickness at 12,000 feet. Come on up to Colorado. My old friends from SoCal came up this fall with their WR and TE 450s and they were babbling idiots by the end of the week. Now that could be the making of a fine article. I am sure there are some cool KTM or Husky fuel injected 450s you need help evaluating in rough terrain and at high elevation right? :D

Kevin_Duke 01-24-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 232896)
I agree Kevin - excellent article. I really liked the details about every aspect of your riding experience and the challenges your team faced. Print mags just can't do this. Keep 'em coming!

You know what would be cool? An MO extreme off road trail ride bashfest. Smashed radiators, trailside zip tie fixes, running out of gas, altitude sickness at 12,000 feet. Come on up to Colorado. My old friends from SoCal came up this fall with their WR and TE 450s and they were babbling idiots by the end of the week. Now that could be the making of a fine article. I am sure there are some cool KTM or Husky fuel injected 450s you need help evaluating in rough terrain and at high elevation right? :D

Glad you liked it, Duken. Some internet experts contend that all web articles should be short. I think that true enthusiasts want to learn all they can and will take the time to read long articles if they are of good quality.

Your idea for a bashfest would make for a good story, and I'd love to do some mountain testing in Colo (I used to live in Denver). However, the owners of the bikes (OEMs: provider of free bikes and ad dollars) might not like bent and scratched bikes as much.

If this is the kind of article you'd like to read, here's an epic tale I wrote about a few years ago: 2006 Adventure Touring Comparo - Touring Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA

fonzie 01-24-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 232909)
Your idea for a bashfest would make for a good story...

If this is the kind of article you'd like to read, here's an epic tale I wrote about a few years ago

Too bad I couldn't share the Panama tour with you guys! I'll make it up to you by being there in the fall. I've jeeped Colorado, but have yet to ride it.... this is the year! Send details :)

In the meantime, you can read about this guys latest epic ride over here: http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs...ssue3_2009.pdf

Note: its a PDF. :)
-fonz