Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic vs. 2010 Triumph Thunderbird (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14104-2010-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-classic-vs-2010-triumph-thunderbird.html)

Administrator 01-14-2010 10:41 AM

2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic vs. 2010 Triumph Thunderbird

Original Article:
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic vs. 2010 Triumph Thunderbird

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic vs. 2010 Triumph Thunderbird in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 01-14-2010 12:06 PM

At first look, I didn't like the parallel twin configuration of the T-bird. However, there is nothing about the Kawi that appeals to me. If I were in the market for a cruiser, I would be looking at the Victory Hammer S, the Triumph T-bird, or the H-D Wide Glide.

HornHonker 01-14-2010 03:24 PM

The pic of the Kawi's speedo is negative, reading from right to left. Hmmmm......

bmwclay 01-14-2010 05:00 PM

I'll wait until the Rocket III Roadster comes out. Or the Hurricat.

Kevin_Duke 01-14-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HornHonker (Post 232137)
The pic of the Kawi's speedo is negative, reading from right to left. Hmmmm......

If you're joking: :D
If your question is serious, the explanation is that the instruments are doing their start-up dance.

I couldn't help but notice your sig. The VFR400 is one of the few bikes that I think I love but have never ridden. Is it as cool as I imagine it is?

sarnali2 01-14-2010 07:48 PM

There's really nothing that jumps out and says Triumph, in fact it looks like a larger version of the Eliminator......Oh well I loved my Trophy and Bonnevilles, since I'm a Harley fag with loud pipes now I guess I should just be content with what I have.

longride 01-15-2010 01:19 AM

"I would be looking at the Victory Hammer S, the Triumph T-bird, or the H-D Wide Glide."

So those are at the top of the list of bikes you will never buy Pulley?

Kenneth_Moore 01-15-2010 06:07 AM

Yay Triumph for coming out with something other than yet another V-Twin. I'd like to see that engine in something other than that particular bike; in the photos the bike looks goofy; the tank is too high, the angle downward too severe. I wonder what kind of HP that P-Twin could make if someone were to get busy on some performance parts...

Very interesting that the article framed these bikes in the context of Harley Davidson. Fat Boy...Wide Glide...can we start the HD versus the rest of the cruisers argument again?

seruzawa 01-15-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 232155)
There's really nothing that jumps out and says Triumph, in fact it looks like a larger version of the Eliminator......Oh well I loved my Trophy and Bonnevilles, since I'm a Harley fag with loud pipes now I guess I should just be content with what I have.

You ARE using those pipes only for off road riding and closed course competition, right? I'd hate to think anyone as vitally important as an MO Super Moderator would be doing anything illegal.

Dr_Sprocket 01-15-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232159)
"I would be looking at the Victory Hammer S, the Triumph T-bird, or the H-D Wide Glide."

So those are at the top of the list of bikes you will never buy Pulley?

Yup. Someday, pehaps. As long as I can fit on a sport-tourer, I will. If I must go the cruiser route, then I want a sporty cruiser. Which actually begs the question:

What is the sportiest cruiser out on the market now?