Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 KTM 300 XC-W Review

Original Article:
2010 KTM 300 XC-W Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 KTM 300 XC-W Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Nice. No green sticker for California though. But it would be fun roosting a BLM ranger truck anyway...catch me if you can...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Cuddy, is there such an animal left in CA? (green sticker that is) Up here even the 450's were getting red stickers.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

Last time I went out riding trails (Eastern woods on a rented Yammie WR250) I had a minor low side on a slick off-camber trail and damaged the radiator. That kind of damage for such a small spill is unacceptable on an enduro bike.

This KTM is appealing in its light weight and simplicity. Kind of $$$ though.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Green Stickers & BLM Nazis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Cuddy, is there such an animal left in CA? (green sticker that is) Up here even the 450's were getting red stickers.
Only on older dirt bikes that were green sticker approved, they "grandfathered" the stickie to these machines, thinking they'd all just eventually go away...oh how wrong they were.

I think just about every new two stroke is verbotten now, only the mild little four strikers can get a green sticker.

It's driving the price of used green sticker dirt bikes through the roof here in LA. Like you can get a thrashed '08 CRF450F for around $2,000.00, and a decent 1987 CR500R goes for about the same $$$.

Sad, since the money from the off-road registration was supposed to keep riding land open, not enforcing Nazi-like BLM todies with new police powers to arrest and confiscate non-stickered bikes. The fine in Kali for no sticker is around $900.00 bucks now.

I'm thinking of loading up the handi van with weed-wackers, leaf blowers and every two stroke piece of equipment I can find, and running them all at once out at El Mirage. I'm sure the BLM goons would go ape and arrest me. But not before I blew some big holes in 'em.

When you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose...
Old 01-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Carnegie is on the ropes up here. Ive been looking for an older 500 and noticed the prices as well.

Carnegie SVRA Lawsuit FAQs
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Carnegie is on the ropes up here. Ive been looking for an older 500 and noticed the prices as well.

Carnegie SVRA Lawsuit FAQs
This is how they kill our sport. The death of a thousand cuts. Radicals go to work for the govt and then use the byzantine labyrinth of rules to carry out their radical agenda. Everybody is too busy watching TV to care.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I rode a KTM 300XC a few years ago. Best dirt bike ever. A tool for going fast off road.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

Wow! A dirt bike review on MO! Must read.

OK, just makes me want one more. I was already sold, now to find one. They're all sold out around here.

Oh, and I have a like new 2001 CR500 (green sticker legal) for sale. Unfortunately, it's in VA.

Last edited by pplassm : 01-09-2010 at 10:41 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I have a trail prepped CR250 with a big tank, light kit and license plate on it in my garage. Dorothy, we no longer live in Kalifornia any more

2 strokes are a gas. Not sure if I could live with one as my only dirt bike, but they are fun.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote