Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati 1198S vs. KTM RC8R (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14002-2010-literbike-shootout-aprilia-rsv4-factory-vs-ducati-1198s-vs-ktm-rc8r.html)

Administrator 12-29-2009 12:28 PM

2010 Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati 1198S vs. KTM RC8R

Original Article:
2010 Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati 1198S vs. KTM RC8R

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati 1198S vs. KTM RC8R in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

cloud9 12-29-2009 02:03 PM

First!!!...................to give you guys feedback on an exceptional review of these 20k dream bikes. Aprilla pulls a shocker and KTM makes a relatively big splash into a crowded market.

Video was perfect with sounds of the bikes without the music overbearing everything else.

Photos were spot on as well with details of any bit and piece worth staring at. You even included rear end shots which are often too difficult to find.

Anyone predicting a BMW vs Aprilla showdown?

fonzie 12-29-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud9 (Post 230982)
Photos were spot on as well with details of any bit and piece worth staring at. You even included rear end shots which are often too difficult to find.

Thanks Cloud9, its rare these days to get the detail shots, I'm glad to hear they're appreciated! - fonz

Dr_Sprocket 12-29-2009 03:16 PM

Nice review. Nice vid (albeit, somewhat grainy).

The Aprilia may have won the shootout, but the swimsuit award (best looking) still goes to the Duc. This bike, 1198S, ranks as one of the best looking bikes of all time, IMHO.

I like the looks of the Katoom. However, the KTM looks very edgy -- very modern. I think this will look quite dated in time. Of course, there always is "Falling Water".

MOKE1K 12-29-2009 04:37 PM

I dont think the shots are near as important as the rider feedback. Getting exclusive details of what the the rider's experience was with each bike is more important to me. Great Job. I'v ridden the KTM RC8 and the Duck. The Aprilia is what I can't wait to ride. Thanks guys!

longride 12-29-2009 04:52 PM

I'd say RC8 all the way for me. It looks different, and I bet you most likely would never see another one in the Chicago area. Ducati is the easy choice for most people becuase they look the most classic. The Aprilia is cool, but the looks don't do much for me.

Duken4evr 12-29-2009 05:22 PM

Great review guys. The interview video really conveyed the personalities of the bikes.

The KTM sounds great for the street based enthusiast. More than able on the track, but also adaptable for the street. The extensively adjustable ergos are genius. All sporting bike should come this way.

Looking forward to the next installment!

MOKE1K 12-29-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 231001)
I'd say RC8 all the way for me. It looks different, and I bet you most likely would never see another one in the Chicago area. Ducati is the easy choice for most people becuase they look the most classic. The Aprilia is cool, but the looks don't do much for me.

Can't wait for you to ride your new bike, how many sportstwins have you owned?

After riding the last years model of the KTM theres no way I'd drop that kind of coin down for it. It would not only have to out perform the other's and cost alot less. Or maybe I need to ride the R.

longride 12-29-2009 05:47 PM

"Can't wait for you to ride your new bike, how many sportstwins have you owned?"

I had a Suzuki TL1000 S back in 97. Easiest bike to wheelie I ever owned. I had lots of fun on that thing. I think the Buell will be better though.

"After riding the last years model of the KTM theres no way I'd drop that kind of coin down for it. It would not only have to beat the other's but cost alot less."

That's cold MOKE. I buy what hits me, numbers be damned.

MOKE1K 12-29-2009 06:25 PM

Longride I envy anyone that can throw caution to the wind when purchasing a motorcycle. Sorry, didnt mean to sound cold it looks very nice and that grabs me too, but I dont buy based on looks anymore really. I seem to purchase soley based off performance, period. The hardest thing that I would have a hard time ignoring is the fact I bought my current bike for less than half any of these bikes and I know the performance cant be that far off for the difference in the dollar. She sure does look nice though!