Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review

Original Article:
2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Jaguar89
Founding Member

Default RC8R Article

Hi Folks,
Good article about the new RC8R. One thing caught my attention though. The engine is pure KTM in-house design it is not a Rotax engine!
Other than that - I can't wait to try it out here in the US.

Happy Holidays!
AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 KTM 1190 RC8R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Neat-o. Just think, from once a lowly engine/frame producer for John Penton, to one of the most advanced motorcycles on the planet, both street and dirt. Amazing when you think about it.

Why can't the good old US of A do something similar? I though for sure the ATK-Harley deal might get something going, but it turned out to be re-hashed Suzuki SV650's once again. Why buy an ATK Suzuki when you can buy the real thing?

But I digress. I hope this Austrian bike kicks some wholesale ass. Time for a great white hope every few decades...just too bad it wasn't a USA built bike. An impossible dream I guess, after Buell tanked.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
giganto
Registered Member

Like it.
Really like this particular folded paper style.
Want it.
Cant have it.
Ive been bad this year- no Austy stooperbike for me in Santa's bag.
A very Merry Christmas to you MoCom makers, and to all us Motley Mofos.
A new year threatens- always hope for more motorcycles in my (lack of) garage..
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

K-Duke, is there any realistic way, with all of the ergonomic adjustments possible, that this bike will fit guys/gals over 6'4"?
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
K-Duke, is there any realistic way, with all of the ergonomic adjustments possible, that this bike will fit guys/gals over 6'4"?

Yup. Just lop off about 6 inches of both legs and arms and you are good to go! That, or go the the gym. Your choice Pulley.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Yup. Just lop off about 6 inches of both legs and arms and you are good to go! That, or go the the gym. Your choice Pulley.
I have been going to the gym. Instead of losing weight, I'm gaining weight. What the heck?!

Actually, out of all the sportbikes I've sat on, the Buells (1125R and 1125CR) seemed to have the most reasonble rider accomodations.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I have been going to the gym. Instead of losing weight, I'm gaining weight. What the heck?!

Actually, out of all the sportbikes I've sat on, the Buells (1125R and 1125CR) seemed to have the most reasonble rider accomodations.
The CR seems pretty comfy. I'll have to get it on the road to really see how the comfort holds up, but it gets decent reviews for riding position.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Smart design with the extensively adjustable ergos. Hopefully this kind of thinking will become more common. It is useful to be able to relax the ergos for street use, and tighten them up if a track day beckons.

Seems to me this sort of thing can only help make a bike appeal to a broader - literally and figuratively audience.

KTM still needs to fire the origami guy though. Love the purposeful design and hardware, but hate the styling...
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I wonder what it Transforms into?

It's interesting and all, but I have to wonder who in the European sportbike market is going to buy one of these when they can plunk down considerably less cash and buy a higher performance BMW? I realize decisions are made on more than performance and features alone, but it seems to me that BMW is going to crush the other non-Ducati Eurobikes with their superbike. You get all the cache of the BMW name, apparently a better electronics package, and about 50 more horsepower!

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 12-26-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote