Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13925-2010-harley-davidson-road-glide-vs-2010-victory-cross-country.html)

Administrator 12-17-2009 11:51 AM

2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country

Original Article:
2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Neal 12-17-2009 01:13 PM

Good review! It appears Victory has finally hit the mark as far as my needs. The HD still has it in the appearance department as far as Im concerned and, based on your description of the power delivery ,it doesn't appear that the Vic's extra power would better suit my riding style....its a wash there. However the handling,adjustable controls and larger bags (although the HD's fairing compartments may offset the advantage) are pluses for the Vic. HD's rear passenger ergos and the availability of a trunk are pluses for it. Still a real close call. Guess I'll have to waiy for a test ride of the VIC to make the call.....can't wait.

bmwclay 12-17-2009 02:47 PM

Even though I own two BMW's and a Moto Guzzi my wife and I rented a Harley bagger on a recent trip down the Florida Keys. It was quite enjoyable, cruising through the orange groves and over the water listening to oldies on the stereo. 85 degrees in March was nice also. But, the Harley soon became sort of a pickup truck, not a bike. Throw a couple of six packs from 7-11 into the trunk and then take a load of wash to the laundry-mat. I can see how families in the 1930's that could not afford a Model A settled for a Harley. Take the wife and family to church on Sunday and take a dozen chickens to market on Monday. The bagger was just too utilitarian compared to my 1200GS and Le Mans. And passing a semi truck while fighting a headwind? Forget it! Give me the Victory's 25 more hp and better handling any day!

Dr_Sprocket 12-17-2009 02:51 PM

It's official!!

It's official. Victory wins!!

Now, all the H-D choir boys can go cry in the corner.

jr4488 12-17-2009 03:03 PM

Kawasaki Voyager blows these bikes in the weeds...

More power, more torque, better brakes, more standard equipment, more storage, more comfort and lower price...

jack

obandoj 12-17-2009 03:10 PM

Nice dragging sounds Pete, I would rather drag my knee :)

Kenneth_Moore 12-17-2009 04:01 PM

An excellent review. It nice to see how well Victory is doing developing their products. I remember well the day a guy a work rode one of the first ever Victory bikes to work...he'd gotten the 3rd one sold in South FL. It was a pretty rough copy of a Dyna. They've come a long way.

The review kind of blew past it, but having ridden dozens of FLHXYZ's, the 'Glide has it all over the Vic (and the rest of the FLH line) for one simple reason: a fixed fairing. Why anyone would design, build, or buy a full-dresser with a fork mounted fairing is beyond me. They suck, and then they suck some more.

mscuddy 12-17-2009 04:36 PM

Victory Smictery...looks like something Canada would build.

Gwd50 12-17-2009 06:37 PM

I think Victory has hit the mark with the two new bikes! I will be test riding one when they hit the local dealer. I like all bikes but HD just needs to step up in the engine department. I have a 92 inch Victory Vegas now and the wife has a 96 inch Deluxe. Sorry but there is no comparison in handling and performance. The Vic takes it hands down. Competition is good and I think HD will step up in the future but for now will stay with the old style engine and their huge profits in performance equipment sales!!

bmwclay 12-17-2009 07:34 PM

Why doesn't Harley just put the V-Rod engine in all their bikes (including the Sportsters) and be done with it?