Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13925-2010-harley-davidson-road-glide-vs-2010-victory-cross-country.html)

The_AirHawk 12-24-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhamr (Post 230741)
i personnally run a valkyrie interstate so i have power demands and requirements that harley cannot touch

I thought for a minute you were gonna say you had a yellow '01 ZX-6.......

MOKE1K 12-24-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 230742)
I thought for a minute you were gonna say you had a yellow '01 ZX-6.......

Hes calling you out bro!

seruzawa 12-24-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhamr (Post 230741)
\i personnally run a valkyrie interstate so i have power demands and requirements that harley cannot touch and i am glad to see victory is building a bike for my market segment.

And Triumph makes a cruiser with power demands and requirements that Honda (or Victory) cannot touch. So what's the point?

longride 12-24-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 230746)
And Triumph makes a cruiser with power demands and requirements that Honda (or Victory) cannot touch. So what's the point?

His point is 'freedom' man! I'm against freedom, can't you tell? Sounds like you don't like freedom there either Seru. How's them Valkyrie sales these days anyway with all the power Harley can't touch?? It just gets funnier by the post! :rolleyes:

The_AirHawk 12-24-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230749)
His point is 'freedom' man! I'm against freedom, can't you tell? Sounds like you don't like freedom there either Seru. How's them Valkyrie sales these days anyway with all the power Harley can't touch?? It just gets funnier by the post! :rolleyes:

Curse You! You Anti Freedomer guy, you........

Auphliam 12-24-2009 09:58 AM

One thing is definite. Don't matter which side of the HD/Vic fence you come down on, it sure is nice to see back and forth banter about two(2) real, successful, American motorcycle brands.

I own and ride 'em both, and I love every minute of it. Despite the obvious performance advantages, I think the RG still has my eye.

Nice write up, Pete.

roadhamr 12-27-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 230746)

the point is i spoke of my and others like myself's requirements and desires in a bike. i have ridden a road glide and i liked it, i almost bought one. it was just a bit underpowered and had a tendency to drag bits a bit early for me. not the right bike for me and technically inferior to the victory. aesthetically it is a great looking ride but i like the cross country as well. i like the triumph as well but since the local dealer is over an hour away it isnt a choice for me. i found the valkyrie and had a hard on for one for quite a few years. found a good used one and bought it. no regrets at all.
the point is when comparring two bikes there is always a bit of finger pointing and what sounds like dogging. i am not dogging the harley. i am speaking in clear english. it is technically inferior to the victory. it does however have excellent fit and finish and the very stable and predictable power of a harley and the improved handling the new chassis offers as well as the top box. people will choose the one they like the best. the victory is an obvious copy of the harley. they see how well harley is doing in this market segment. they want some.
i find it a bit comical that you and longride get so bent with statements like this. it is a forum. i embrace other opinions as long as they are based in facts and we speak about the specs not emotional responses.

roadhamr 12-27-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230749)

you really arent very clever and dont know much about the motorcyle business do you? the valkyrie was a marketting experiment for the new goldwing. if you look at the 1500 goldwing and the the valkyrie interstate you will see how they culminated in the 1800 goldwing the leader in the touring segment.
the valkyrie interstate offered touring riders a bike that handled and had power and they sold very well. the 1500 gold wing was the leader in touring bikes but got long in the tooth. honda used the best of both bikes as a template for the new generation wing.
my question about freedon deals direclty with your inability to look beyong your fixation with the motor company. you dont really have to protect them. the motor company will be fine it would be far more entertaining and interesting if you were able to openly discuss them without getting your back up and being all defensive.
just a thought.

The_AirHawk 12-27-2009 09:30 AM

Your memory really isn't as good as you think; the Valk (and Rune) were both "thought experiments" that Honda designers conceived WELL after the "new Goldwing" was on the market. Aimed at a completely different segment than the 'Wing (the now long-in-the-tooth "touring leader").

Unfortunately, neither sold well at all because Honda had by then forgotten everything it ever knew about marketing a bike(quirky ideas and styling aside).

That's why the Valk and Ruin are both at the top of Honda's Sales Charts, and you can't ride anywhere on one without seein' yourself coming the other way.............

longride 12-27-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 230817)
Your memory really isn't as good as you think; the Valk (and Rune) were both "thought experiments" that Honda designers conceived WELL after the "new Goldwing" was on the market. Aimed at a completely different segment than the 'Wing (the now long-in-the-tooth "touring leader").

Unfortunately, neither sold well at all because Honda had by then forgotten everything it ever knew about marketing a bike(quirky ideas and styling aside).

That's why the Valk and Ruin are both at the top of Honda's Sales Charts, and you can't ride anywhere on one without seein' yourself coming the other way.............

So now me, Seru and YOU are freedom haters? Please let this thread die so this guy can go away?